This is a simple recipe to make soft and light egg clouds, they’re so much fun to do. Note: this is mainly for egg lovers. I don’t like my eggs too eggy so I like to add herbs into the mixture. In this recipe I added chives but you can add whatever you fancy :).
- 3 Burford Browns eggs
- small bunch of chive stems, finely chopped
- Spring onion to garnish
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to about 200 Degrees Celcius (less for a fan operated ovens).
- Separate the egg yolks and whites and place the eggs yolks on side.
- Whisk the egg whites until you get nice stiff peaks
- Fold the herbs (if using) into the mixture.
- Place the mixture into clouds on top of a baking sheet
- Make a little hole into each cloud (that’s where the egg yolks will go later)
- Place in the preheated oven for about 3 minutes
- Carefully place a yolk in the hole created earlier
- Place in the oven and bake for another 4 minutes until golden edges
- Add salt and pepper and garnish with spring onions and enjoy