With only 3 ingredients and half an hour of your time, you can whip up homemade ricotta cheese that is creamy, tangy and absolutely delicious!
- Mix milk & salt and heat up until it’s about to boil (approx. 80°C). Stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- Switch off the heat and add the lemon juice. Let it rest for about 10 minutes to allow the curd to separate from the whey.
- Pour the curd into a strainer with a cheese cloth on top. Let it rest again for about 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out any remaining liquid.
- Best consumed immediately or you can store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Note * If using a cheesecloth with lots of holes then double , or even , triple layer it or you may lose some cheese too wehn draining it.
- Category: DIY
- Cuisine: Cheese
Keywords: cheese, homemade, DIY, homemade ricotta cheese, ricotta cheese,