This homemade all-natural creamy vegan Mac & Cheese uses less than 10 ingredients and around 45 minutes from scratch or 20 minutes, with the prepped sauce!
- 2 cups/200 gr macaroni pasta
- 1/2 cups cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 butternut squash
- To make the vegan “cheese” sauce, begin by roasting 1/2 butternut squash at 180º for 30 minutes-40 minutes, till tender.
- Scoop out the butternut squash flesh into a high-speed food processor or blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add a bit of water to achieve the consistency you like – more runny or not. Voila! Delicious vegan cheese sauce!
- Boil the pasta following the package instructions.
- Enjoy hot! – Serving suggesting – lay a plate with your favourite green leaves (I used lamb’s lettuce leaves), then add the pasta and sauce on top for the perfect vegan mac & cheese.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Pasta
Keywords: mac n cheese, vegan. vegan pasta, vegan mac n cheese, dairy-free,