This is a super simple how-to for delicious homemade coconut milk, a great dairy-free option using 100% fresh coconut, takes less than 15 minutes to make and you’ll never want to buy store-bought again!
- 1 coconut – flesh
- 3 cups of filtered water
- 1 vanilla bean (for vanilla flavour)
- Make 2 or 3 holes and pour out the coconut water. *
- To crack it open, simply bash it along the middle line/equator) a few times with a hammer – this will allow you to split the coconut in 2.
- Collect the flesh. I used a special coconut tool to do this, however you can also just use a knife.
- Blend the coconut flesh with the 3 cups of water in a high-power food processor/blender. Optional here is to add vanilla for flavour.
- Pour the mixture into a nut milk bag and squeeze out all the liquid **
- Pour into a glass container and keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days ***
- Can use any type of fresh coconut
- * Can use the coconut water as well, substituting for part of the filtered water. I prefer to drink the coconut water as soon as I open the coconut.
- ** You can use the leftover coconut flesh to make cookies or other baked goodies.
- *** when you place it the fridge, it’s possible to see the water separate. that’s completely normal as there are no preservatives or emulsifiers. Just shake well before you use it.
Keywords: DIY, vegan, homemade, how-to, coconut milk, milk, dairy-free, two ingredient, 15 minute,