With just 7 ingredients and 15 minutes of your time, you can whip up this delicious jar of homemade Vegan Nutella. Dairy-free, Vegan, Paleo, refined sugar-free and healthier!
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (or more if you want it more chocolatey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- ~1/2 cup plant-based milk (not pictured, needed to if consistency is too hard)
- Roast the hazelnuts in the oven at 160ºC (fan assisted) for about 8 minutes.
- As soon as the hazelnuts come out of the oven, carefully peel them. The skin should just come off easily when you scrunch them in your hands or with a towel. I then used a hairdryer to remove all the skins. ( Although be careful, this can get messy!)
- Put the hazelnuts in a high-power food processor or blender and blitz them until you obtain a smooth butter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz them again. If the consistency is too thick, add a bit of plant-based milk.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Category: DIY
- Cuisine: Vegan Nutella
Keywords: DIY, Nutella, vegan, hazelnut, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, paleo, healthier nutella,