How to make homemade oat milk with just a two-ingredient base, that can be flavoured as a delicious dairy-free milk alternative! And, most importantly, how to make oat milk that isn’t slimy!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 4 cups filtered water
- Pinch of salt
- a handful of pre-soaked cashews (optional) this will result in creamy oat milk. I pre-soak mine overnight or you can just soak them for 30 minutes in hot water
- Add all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender and blend for only 10 SECONDS, since longer blending will result in slimy oat milk texture.
- Pass through a nut milk bag and use the leftover bits as breakfast cereal or you can store it in the freezer for baking later
- Never soak oats before making oat milk. Through a lot of experiments I find soaking always contributed a large extent to the slimy texture.
- This has subtle sweetness. If you want this to be sweetener you can add your favourite natural sweetener