With just one ingredient and around 10 minutes, you can learn how to make coconut butter that is smooth & creamy. Dairy-free, refined sugar-free, vegan & perfect for baked goods!
- 500 grams organic, unsweetened shredded (desiccated) coconut . ( You can also use store-bought). *
- Add the coconut to your blender and blend**. As the blender works to break down the coconut, oils from within the coconut will be released and will contribute to making a coconut paste, which eventually becomes a smooth coconut butter. The entire process took around 7 minutes for me.
- During the process, you may need to stop your blender and scrape down the sides a few times. The whole process should take between 5-10 minutes.
- * If using store-bought, the coconut may be too dry to easily blend into a super smooth butter. To combat this you can either bake it in the oven for 10 minutes @ 100C. OR simply add 1/2-1tbsp coconut oil to the blender. This will help get the process started.
- ** I am lucky to have a great high-speed blender. However, if you’re worried that yours might not be up to the job. Have no fear! Simply blend it up till it looks lovely and smooth then run the mix through a sieve, into a container. The remaining coconut pulp can then be put back into the blender to repeat the process. This way you still get a lovely smooth butter, it will just take slightly longer as it’s done in smaller batches.
- I store mine in a cool cupboard but if you prefer to store in the fridge it will solidify, which is fine. Just melt for 5 seconds in the microwave to get it super smooth again.
- Category: DIY
- Cuisine: Coconut butter
Keywords: DIY, coconut butter, coconut, desiccated coconut, organic, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, vegan, homemade