How to make your own DIY easy homemade natural yogurt, with just 2 ingredients and 15 minutes hands-on prep time!
- 2 litres full fat milk (I used raw)
- 1/2 cup natural yogurt (from your favourite unflavoured yogurt)
- Heat the milk until it’s about 80-85º C (if you don’t have a thermometer, switch off the heat right before the milk starts boiling)
- Set aside to cool of down to about 40-45º C (if you don’t have a thermometer, you can dip your pinkie in the milk and try to keep it there for 7 seconds before it starts to hurt)
- Add the 1/2 cup yogurt and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer to a clean glass container.
Note: it’s best to sterilise the jar with boiling water.
- Cover, wrap in a blanket or towel and keep in a warm place 6-12 hours. For example, you can keep it in the oven (as long as it’s switched off).
- Keep in a glass container in the fridge. Consume within a week.