This homemade DIY Rose Water is made using organic roses, is surprisingly easy to make, and can be used within recipes, as a beauty product or even a scented room mist!
- 4–5 blossoms of fragrant organic roses
- ice cubes
- Remove the rose blossoms from the steps and carefully rinse them to get rid of any dust or little critters.
- Put a bowl at the center of an empty saucepan, then add the rose petals around the bowl. *
- Add water (enough to cover the petals) and bring the heat up to make it simmer. Put the cover on, upside down.
- The cover will help catch the rose water vapour for this distilling method.
- Add ice to the top of the saucepan cover.
- As soon as the ice melts, add more ice cubes. This helps with the condensation of the evaporated rose water.
- Keep repeating this step. In about 30 minutes, the rose water will be ready. It should have condensed into the bottle in the middle of the saucepan.
- Carefully remove the bowl as it is hot.
- Pour the rose water in a clean glass container. Store in a cool dry place **
* Note: make sure there are no petals in the bowl as this is where the rose water will collect.
** Note: This can be stored in the fridge for between 3-4 months.
- Category: DIY
- Cuisine: rose water
Keywords: DIY, DIY rose water, rose, organic, 2-ingredient,