I love eating natural rainbow foods and why not have rainbow eggs! The idea originally was to make something like sushi eggs and ended up with this colourful twist :). I made this for a group of friends who wanted rainbow food and who are egg lovers!
It might seem a bit of an odd combination, but I’ve always loved the super simple sushi with rice and seaweed and the stuffed sushi triangles so I thought why not do a twist on them and create a beautiful rainbow sushi egg – scotch egg style!
Rainbow Rice Eggs
- 16 hard boiled eggs
- 8 Cups cooked sticky rice about half a cup for each egg
- Natural colours: Blue and green spirulina freeze dried purple sweet potato powder, Turmeric, freeze dried pink pitaya (1/2 tea spoon for each three eggs - less for lighter and more for darker colours)
- A bit of water to help wrap the rice around the eggs if needed
- Hard boil the eggs and peel them.
- Add a pinch of natural food colouring and mix with the sticky rice (add less for lighter shades and more for darker)
- Wrap the egg with the sticky rice (I wore gloves and added a bit of water to make the process easier).
- Serve with leafy greens and edible flowers.
Save this recipe for later!