I love eating natural rainbow foods and why not have rainbow eggs! The idea originally was to make something like sushi eggs and ended up with this colourful twist :). I made this for a group of friends who wanted rainbow food and who are egg lovers!
- hard boiled Burford Browns eggs
- Sticky rice (about half a cup for each egg)
- Natural colours: Blue and green spirulina, freeze dried purple sweet potato powder, Turmeric, freeze dried pink pitaya (1/2 tea spoon for each three eggs – less for lighter and more for darker colours)
- A bit of water to help wrap the rice around the eggs if needed
- Hard boil the eggs and peel them.
2. Add a pinch of natural food colouring and mix with the sticky rice (add less for lighter shades and more for darker)
Save this recipe for later!