Delicious and nutritious Thai Inspired Salad in a Jar . Perfect for a quick lunch-on-the-go!
With a combination of noodles, vegetables ( including peppers, broccoli and carrot) and tofu in a delicious soy,ginger and garlic sauce – this Thai inspired salad in a jar is the perfect choice for anyone getting a bit bored of their usual salad options. Also the perfect choice for a meal-prep salad! Recently I’ve loved experimenting with new salad jar recipe’s and have been so excited sharing some of my favourites with you all – from my deconstructed-taco style Mexican inspired salad jar , A delicious healthy potato based salad jar or even a Quinoa & butternut squash salad jar.
Plus you can prepare this Thai-inspired salad in a jar in advance and keep it refrigerated for up to 4-5 days. You can then take it with you and enjoy a healthy and nutritious lunch.
Makes: 1 Jar
Preparing Time: 15 minutes (includes cooking times)
- 3/4 cup steamed broccoli
- 1/4 cup bell pepper
- 3/4 cup carrots
- 3/4 cup tofu
- 3/4 cup vermicelli noodles
- a handful of spinach
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
Thai Salad dressing:
- 1 tBsp sesame oil
- 1 tBsp soy sauce
- 1 small lime
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 small knob of ginger
- chilli flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Choose a jar big enough to contain all the ingredients. My jar is 750 ml. Make sure it’s clean and dry before you fill it up.
- To prepare your Thai salad dressing, grind the garlic and ginger, then add the oil, soy sauce and lime juice. Sprinkle with chilli flakes. Add the salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Make sure to prepare the broccoli, vermicelli noodles and tofu in advance. You can steam the broccoli for about 8-10 minutes. For the noodles and tofu, just follow the instruction on their package.
- To prepare the rest of the Thai salad ingredients , you just need to chop the pepper and carrot. If your spinach leaves are bit, you can cut them into smaller pieces.
- Fill up your jar by layering the different ingredients. The dressing goes first, followed by the broccoli. Then add the peppers, carrots and tofu. Add the noodles. Top it all with a handful of spinach and the crushed peanuts and Ta-da you have a delicious Thai inspired salad in a jar!
- Keep refrigerated and consume within 4-5 days. Make sure to keep the jar standing up so the dressing doesn’t mix with rest of the ingredients. We don’t want a soggy salad!