Black Smoothie Bowl with black cacao powder
This creative black smoothie bowl uses black cacao powder to give it this exciting look and is a delicious treat for any time of the day.
- 1 cup frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp black cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup yogurt plant-based or dairy
- a dash of milk plant-based or dairy
Blend all ingredients. Be patient until you reach the right consistency. If needed, add a little additional sweetener, to taste.
Serve in a bowl.
Top the black smoothie bowl with whatever you like. I chose dragonfruit balls, homemade chocolate hearts and edible flowers. Sprinkle with some shredded coconut and enjoy!
Tips for the perfect smoothie bowl:
- Take advantage of using frozen fruit/elements. This will give you a delicious, thick and creamy mix that feels like a 'nice cream' treat.
- To blend well, put the liquid elements at the bottom of the jug, closest to the blades. This will help with blending the frozen elements.
- Depending on the powder of your blender, it can take a while to get the perfect consistency. Be patient! I like to blend, stop and stir, then blend again etc etc.
- Use a bowl with a wide surface area for lots and lots of delicious toppings.
Serving: 1Bowl | Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 924mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 217IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 183mg | Iron: 2mg