Easy Thai Green Curry Paste
A Delicious easy Thai green curry paste that tastes just 10 minutes and a blender to make- Perfect for batch making and freezing into portions!
- 5 green Thai chillies deseeded & roughly chopped
- 3 shallots roughly chopped
- 2 inch fresh ginger peel & grated
- 8 garlic cloves small, crushed
- a bunch of fresh coriander
- 3 lemongrass stalks chopped
- 1 lime juice & zest
- 10 kaffir lime leaves torn into pieces
- 5 cm galangal peeled & chopped (2 inch)
- 1 tBSp coriander seeds crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns crushed
- 1/2 tBsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a handful of Thai basil leaves
Start by crushing the coriander seeds and pink peppercorn in your food processor or high-speed blender.
Add the cumin, shallots, garlic, lemongrass, ginger and galangal. Pour over the olive oil and soy sauce. Blitz to break down to crumbs.
De-seed the chillies and add them to the blender. Add the coriander (leaves and stalks), as well as the kaffir leaves, Thai basil leaves, and the zest and juice of the lime.
Blend again until you achieve a creamy, smooth paste.
How to store:
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for one week or freeze in portions in an ice-cube tray, or within a freezer-safe container for 3 months.