Turmeric Honey and Turmeric honey Shots
A simple DIY for a health-boosting turmeric honey and for a turmeric honey and apple cider vinegar or citrus juice shots.
Servings 16 Tbsp
- 1 cup raw honey
- 2.5 Tbsp turmeric powder or 6-8" frsh turmeric root, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
Turmeric Honey Shots
- 1 tsp turmeric honey mixture (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp citrus juice or apple cider vinegar (lemon or orange)
- 2 Tbsp water
The Turmeric Honey:
With Ground Turmeric: This method is the easiest way to make turmeric honey and literally takes seconds to pull together. Simply combine the ground turmeric, honey, and black pepper. Store it in an airtight jar, kept at room temperature.
With Fresh Turmeric: Simply peel the skin from the turmeric root, finely grate it, and then combine with the honey and pepper. This can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for between 2-3 weeks. *
The Turmeric Honey Shots:
Combine 1 tsp of this honey with 2 tbsp of either apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, or lime juice, and 2 tbsp of filtered water, mix well and then drink as a shot. Voila!
* This method isn't necessarily trickier, but definitely messier. Turmeric likes to stain everything it comes in contact with, so just be careful about what kitchen tools you use and, I'll often wear gloves when handling it as it dyes skin temporarily too.
How To Use:
- Ginger- For more of a 'Golden' vibe, you can add in some ginger powder or even fresh ginger. You only need a really tiny amount to make a lot of flavor difference.
- Cinnamon - Cinnamon, and honey are a match made in heaven, and a lovely way to boost the flavor of this turmeric honey.
- Other spices - such as nutmeg, clove, cardamom
Serving: 1Tbsp | Calories: 49kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg