This high-protein Mediterranean tuna salad recipe contains a healthy combination of protein, carbs, and fat – with delicious vegetables – for a quick lunch or dinner.
The easy-to-make salad contains a mixture of vegetables that provide an amazing Mediterranean flavor and taste delicious together. Plus, the recipe is also versatile and can be changed depending on what vegetables you have available.
Ingredients for Mediterranean tuna salad
- Ethically sourced tuna fish: canned in water or olive oil. Albacore tuna and chunk light tuna have the best flavor.
- Cooked chickpeas: or use canned.
- Black olives: or green
- Vegetables: cucumber, tomatoes, orange, red peppers, and parsley. Feel free to customize by adding or removing ingredients to suit your taste.
- Dressing: Lemon, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
How to make Mediterranean tuna salad
- Chop the veggies – peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, and parsley. Mince or grate the garlic.
- Then, make the salad dressing in a small bowl by combining lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Drain the liquid from the canned tuna. If you’re using canned chickpeas, be sure to drain and rinse them as well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, generously pouring the dressing over the mixture. Give it a good mix, and your delicious Mediterranean tuna salad is ready to be enjoyed!
How long does it last
This Mediterranean tuna salad tastes the best when enjoyed immediately but it can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-4 days. It’s also a fantastic meal-prep option. Simply prepare the dressing separately and mix it into your portioned salad just before serving.
Other Mediterranean salads
- Fattoush salad
- Tabouli salad
- Greek pasta salad
- Chickpea salad
- You can also check my list of 40 Easy Summer Salad Recipes!
If you try this recipe, let me know how it goes in the comments below. I’d appreciate a recipe card rating and would love to see your recipe recreations – tag me on Instagram @Alphafoodie!
Easy Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- 11.1 oz tuna 3 cans, in olive oil or in water, ethically sourced
- 1 cup chickpeas cooked or from a can
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped, red and orange – 6 oz
- 1 cup cucumber chopped – 4 oz (2 small or 1/2 large)
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped – 5 oz
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped – 0.35 oz
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint optional
- Chop the peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, and parsley. Mince or grate the garlic.
- Make the salad dressing by combining lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk well.
- Drain the liquid from the tuna can. You can even pat dry the tuna bits with a paper towel to remove any excess liquid. If you're using canned chickpeas, drain and rinse them.
- Add all the ingredients in a large bowl and pour the dressing over. Mix and enjoy!