This Simple, delicious Vegetarian one-pot Pasta bake is perfect for a family get together or low-effort mid-week dinner. Plus, with just one-pot it’s a delight for when it comes time to clean up after!
With my busy lifestyle, I’m all about simplicity, and this vegetarian one-pot pasta bake recipe is something I return to time and time again. Not only do I love the fact that I’m not left with an entire kitchen full of dirty dishes (eurgh. dishes!) but I can also whip up a large batch and just re-heat the leftovers as and when needed over the next 3-4 days.
The main thing you have to be careful of is the liquid content of this dish. However, other than that, it’s also incredibly versatile. I love to mix up the vegetables I include in the dish! For instance, just last week I made one with a sweetcorn and courgette mix instead of the peppers. Another time I also included some black olives to the original mix.
You can even experiment with including different types of cheeses for a 4-cheese pasta bake etc. I think you get the point.
This dish is also a great healthy vegetarian lunch/dinner meal choice, with 1 cup of cheese being used in the entire recipe to feed 5-6 portions and the rest of the recipe is basically made up of vegetables and herbs. Win Win situation!
For other delicious, healthy lunch/ dinner ideas then please check out my recipes for Rainbow Summer Rice Paper Rolls, Home-made spinach pasta salad, Rainbow Vegan Tacos, Vegetarian bibimbap , Healthy rainbow zucchini boats and many more.
What you need:
- Pasta – your favourite kind, I used Linguine
- Cherry tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, peppers,
- Onion, garlic, basil, herbs de Provence, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Cheese (optional)
How to make this One-pot pasta bake dish:
When I say one-pot I mean it! This dish is basically made up of layering the various recipe elements into a large ovenproof dish/casserole dish and then leaving to bake in the oven and work its magic.
In terms of prep it is as simple as taking 5 minutes to chop up your veggies and onion and then away we go.
This is all the preparation you need.
To layer this one-pot pasta bake is super simple:
First, pour some oil over the pasta and add the spices.
Then, layer up all the healthy tomato sauce elements.
Grate the garlic.
Add the water.
Then you add in all your chopped veggies and herbs!
And, finally you top it off with your shredded cheese!
Just like that, it’s ready to be popped into the oven and baked for 45 minute!
And, if you try this recipe then please let me know what you think in the comments below! and tag me in your creations @AlphaFoodie.
Vegetarian One-Pot Pasta bake
- 1.1 lb pasta Linguine
- 1/2 cup tomatoes cherry or just normal ones
- 3 peppers
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2.5 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese optional
- 2 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- a handful of basil
- Chop the peppers and onion.
- Spread the linguine in an oven-safe dish and pour some olive oil on top.
- Layer the linguine with the spices, tomato paste and chopped tomatoes. Cover with water. Stir carefully so the tomato paste dissolves in the water and the spices are spread around the dish.
- Add the rest of the chopped ingredients and the cherry tomatoes.
- Top with basil and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the over at 180ºC (fan assisted) for 45 minutes.