This one-pan, healthy, vegetarian, easy shakshuka made up of tomato, pepper, onion, spices and eggs makes for a delicious meal at any time of the day!
With only a few ingredients, one pan and around 20 minutes, it’s really easy to whip up a healthy vegetarian shakshuka that is both filling and delicious. Not to mention that the one-pan aspect has me returning time and time again to this wonderful dish.
The word Shakshuka is actually Arabic slang for ‘ a mixture’. One of the most impressive things about this dish being how versatile and customisable that it is. While I like to keep mine basic and to the roots of ones I had as a child, it is just as easy to add in some cheese ( I’d suggest feta as one of my favourite options), other veggies. You name it. As long as it will cook in time with the other ingredients then it’s a go!
Plus, with just one pan you know that this easy shakshuka is going to be a simple recipe, consisting of chopping and mixing. That’s my type of dish!
As always, if you give this delicious easy shakshuka recipe a go then please let me know what you think in the comments below!
Easy Shakshuka Recipe:
Makes: 3-4 servings
Preparing Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 peppers
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3-4 eggs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Start by prepping the veg: Chop the onion and peppers.
- Sauté the onion and pepper over high heat for a couple of minutes until the peppers have softened.
- Add the chillis, paprika, salt and pepper and then stir.
- throw in the cherry tomatoes and leave to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato paste then stir well.
- Carefully crack the eggs over the pan and add them to the mix. Cook for a few minutes.
- Season with parsley and serve this easy shakshuka hot with some toasted bread.