A super simple, quick to prepare chocolate pastry pie ‘tarte soleil’
Serves: 6-8 ( Around 3 sections each)
Cooking & Preparing Time: 50-60 minutes
- 1x Pack Puff Pastry
- 1 Clarence court Burford Brown egg , egg wash
For The Filling:
- Roll out two sheets of puff pastry into 12 inch circles at around 1/4 Inch thickness.
- Place one of the circles onto baking paper and spread a generous layer of your homemade chocolate spread over it.
- place the second sheet of dough over this
- Chill for 20 minutes ( this will make it easier to shape the sun ‘rays’) then remove from fridge and preheat oven to 180.
- Use a cup to create the centre of the pastry then begin to cut the ‘rays’- quite thin around 2-3cm.
- Brush pastry with an egg wash ( good to do now as it will be tricky to do later once twisted)
- Twist each ‘ray’ a few times ( the same amount of times for each ray). Then sprinkle with some chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake in oven for around 30-40 minutes, until lovely and golden brown and then this simple chocolate pie can be served alongside lots of fresh fruit and possibly even some home-made nicecream.