Delicious Christmas Cranberry Sauce for your Christmas dinner & desserts!
I can’t believe how quickly Christmas has snuck up on me this year. I still haven’t finished buying presents but at-least I’m starting to plan and prepare my food. Cranberry sauce is an absolute staple for me at Christmas and here is a delicious 5 ingredient recipe for a sweet cranberry sauce, perfect for your mains or even adding into your desserts – from yogurt and ice-cream to a cheeky topping for cakes. Plus, as a bonus – this cranberry sauce can be made up to a week in advance and kept in the fridge AND it’s super super simple
Makes: Approx 1 Cup
Preparing Time: ~15 minutes
- 300g Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (or normal sugar)
- 1 Large Orange, Zest and juice
- Pomegranate , seeds or juice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Begin by preparing your fruit – deseed a pomegranate ( Tip* If you do this in a bowl of water, then it can be easier to pull out the seeds) and prepare the zest and juice of one large orange.
- To make, simply add all ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat ( Note* when using the whole seeds there will be a little bit of a crunch to your sauce. Alternatively you can use the juice from the seeds only for a smoother consistency).
- Simmer in the pan for around 10 minutes till cranberries have burst and mixture is thickening and bubbling. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Transfer to a glass jar and leave to cool before transferring to the fridge. This cranberry sauce can be kept in the fridge for a week and can be used with your Christmas main or desserts. Enjoy!
To save for later: