Delicious vegetarian Middle Eastern inspired Tahini Cauliflower Wings served with pomegranate, parsley and toasted pine nuts. Perfect as a side dish or snack.
You may have heard of buffalo cauliflower wings but I’d love to introduce you to this healthy recipe for vegetarian baked cauliflower wings with a tahini twist.
I love tahini SO much and using it as an ingredient that has been a part of my life- well, my whole life! Mixed with some yoghurt, lemon, garlic, cumin and salt – You suddenly have an absolutely delicious sauce/ glaze that is the perfect accompaniment to baked cauliflower wings.
This recipe for baked cauliflower wings is Vegetarian-friendly, baked not fried and absolutely delicious. These tahini cauliflower wings served alongside pomegranate, parsley and toasted pine nuts can be served on its own or within a variety of other dishes
Possible ways to eat these Cauliflower wings:
- Within a wrap/ Pitta bread
- As part of a mezze platter
- Served as part of a large salad bowl
- Within lettuce wraps/cups
Plus, they are perfect to add to a BBQ or even serve along-side a family roast, as a delicious meat-free side dish.
What I love about making this recipe for is how simple the process is as well ( I love a simple recipe!). With just a few ingredients and 10 minutes prep, you can leave these cauliflower wings to roast away in the oven while you get on with other things.
With just a simple ingredient swap, as well, you can turn this vegetarian dish into a Vegan one. It is also gluten-free!
There are actually two methods of cooking these:
You can either chuck them straight into the oven or you can par-boil them before baking. Par-boiling will make them have a wonderful, soft interior with a crisp exterior. If you don’t par-boil then the wings can have more of a ‘bite’ to them. This isn’t necessarily a negative, however.
This recipe is slightly different to lots of cauliflower wing recipes out there as the cauliflower isn’t dipped in any sort of batter or sauce during the baking process, however, with the tahini dressing, I think they taste just as delicious to be worthy of the name.
Please let me know if you give this recipe a go in the comments below. I’d love to know what you think!
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- A bit of oil ( Less than 1 tbsp)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/8 tsp cumin powder
- a pinch of salt
- filtered water (in case the dressing is too thick)
- pomegranate seeds
- a handful of toasted pine nuts (optional)
- The first step towards making this recipe for baked cauliflower wings is to preheat the oven to 180° then prepare the cauliflower by cutting it into bite-size wings/florets.
Then place these on a baking tray, lightly salt and oil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 180ºC (fan-assisted oven) and turn halfway. The florets are ready when they become golden brown. You may have to bake them longer, depending on your oven. To make this process faster, it is possible to first half-boil ( par-boil) them and then bake them.
- To prepare the tahini dressing, mix all the ingredients until thoroughly combines and set aside.
- Prepare the pomegranate seeds and toast the pine nuts in a frying pan with a bit of oil.
- When the cauliflower florets are ready, serve immediately and top with the pomegranate and pine nuts. Serve the dressing alongside or drizzle over top. Enjoy!
To save this tahini cauliflower wings recipe for later: