Overnight Oats with Mango Yogurt – Delicious Mango overnight oats are perfect for a tropical make-ahead breakfast that is not only quick & simple but also delicious.
If I haven’t said it before , I’ll say it again. I LOVE the recipes for overnight oats. Not only do they help me eat healthy breakfasts, no matter how hectic my schedule.
They also are so versatile that I find myself coming back to them time and time again so experiment with new flavour combinations. Mango overnight oats are definitely a favourite of mine too.
Simply by mixing mango and yogurt, you can create a delicious, thick mango yogurt that is perfect in creating mango oatmeal which is more-ish and filling.
Plus, by making your own home-made mango flavoured yogurt mix – you know that there are no additives or any other ‘nasties’ in your yogurt.
Now, I know I’ve said this before in a previous blog post (side note – feel free to check out my blueberry overnight oats recipe here) but there are a few simple reasons that I love overnight oats.
- Overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast as they can be meal prepped in a big batch and kept to feed you every day of the week.
- They are incredibly versatile: Simple swap out the liquid type, spices, fillings and toppings for each and every portion!
- They are super simple to make – Add oats, liquid and flavourings- leave to soak. Voila!
These make-ahead Mango overnight oats really are the perfect tropical treat to start your day. Topped with desiccated coconut and kiwi, these transport me to a tropical location every time.
Not to mention, incredibly healthy. Mango is not only full of anti-oxidants, but is high-fibre and has high levels of Vitamin A & C. You can use fresh or frozen mango.
I also include chia seeds in the oats mixture. Chia seeds are great to thicken up the mix as well as a wonderful addition to a healthy breakfast. They are absolutely packed with nutrients, without being too calorie dense.
Without further ado, find my recipe for mango overnight oats below. Please let me know in the comment below if you give this recipe a try. Let me know what you think!
All you need
- for the first layer – rolled oats (alternatively, steel cut), chia seeds, plant-based milk (almond milk or coconut milk are great), honey (or maple syrup)
- for the second layer – Greek yogurt (plant-based also works) and frozen or fresh mango
- toppings – kiwi slices, shredded coconut, edible flowers, of course any and all of these are optional.
First prepare the oats base by mixing the rolled oats with the chia seeds. Then add the milk and honey (or alternative sweetener or brown sugar) and stir well.
Set them aside to soak for at least 10 min or, for best results and if you love cold oatmeal, keep in the fridge overnight.
To prepare the yogurt topping, mash the mango and mix it well with the yogurt. Blend the mango if you want a smooth consistency, or leave chunky- depending on your preference.
Cut very thin slices of kiwi. You an also shape them as flowers. Then stick the fruit on the side of the jar.
Layer the overnight oats with mango yogurt. Top with a few flowers or any toppings you like and sprinkle some shredded coconut.
Feel free to include any additional cheeky toppings, like some nuts or or a spoonful of almond butter or mix in some vanilla extract. I find that the mix of the thick yogurt and the oats with just a few toppings serves me perfectly.
However, I know that others might like to pile on more so – feel free!
Tropical Mango Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon honey or alternative sweetener
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup mango
- A few edible flowers completely optional
- 1/2 kiwi thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon shredded coconut
- Mix the rolled oats with the chia seeds, add the milk and honey (or alternative sweetener) and stir well. Set aside to soak for at least 10 min or, for best results, keep in the fridge overnight.
- Prepare the yogurt topping by mashing the mango and mixing it well with the yogurt. You could also blend the fruit if wanting a really smooth consistency.
- Stick the thin kiwi slices on the side of the jar.*
- Layer the overnight outs with the mango yogurt over them and top with a few flowers or any toppings you like and sprinkle some shredded coconut.
Sit back and enjoy the health benefits of this beautiful and delicious breakfas