Overnight Oats with Mango Yogurt
Delicious Mango overnight oats are perfect for a tropical make-ahead breakfast that is not only quick & simple but also delicious.
If I haven’t said it before , I’ll say it again. I LOVE overnight oats recipe’s. Not only do they help me eat healthy breakfasts, no matter how hectic my schedule. They also are so versatile that I find myself coming back to them time and time again so experiment with new flavour combinations. Mango overnight oats are definitely a favourite of mine too.
Simply by mixing mango and yogurt, you can create a delicious, thick mango yogurt that are perfect in creating mango overnight oats that are more-ish and filling. Plus, by making your own home-made mango flavoured yogurt mix – you know that there are no additives or any other ‘nasties’ in your yogurt.
Now, I know I’ve said this before in a previous blog post ( side note – feel free to check out my blueberry overnight oats recipe here) but there are a few simple reasons that I love overnight oats.
- Overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast as they can be meal prepped in a big batch and kept to feed you every day of the week.
- They are incredibly versatile: Simple swap out the liquid type, spices, fillings and toppings for each and every portion!
- They are super simple to make – Add oats, liquid and flavourings- leave to soak. Voila!
These make-ahead Mango overnight oats really are the perfect tropical treat to start your day. Topped with desiccated coconut and kiwi, these transport me to a tropical location every time. Not to mention, incredibly healthy. Mango is not only full of anti-oxidants, but is high-fibre and has high levels of Vitamin A & C.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- Honey to taste ( or alternative sweetener)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 mango
- A few edible flowers (completely optional)
- A couple of kiwi slices
- Shredded coconut
- Mixing the rolled oats with the chia seeds, adding the milk and honey and stir well.
- Set aside to soak for at least 10 min or, for best results, keep in the fridge overnight.
- To prepare the yogurt topping, mash the mango and mix it well with the yogurt.
- Stick the kiwi on the side of the jar.
- Layer the overnight oats with the mango yogurt over them and top with a few flowers or any toppings you like and sprinkle some shredded coconut.
- Sit back and enjoy the health benefits of this beautiful and delicious breakfast.
You can blend the fruit to get a really smooth consistency.
For the fruit to stick to the inside of the jar, make sure to cut a really thin slice. The jar also needs to be dry.
To save this mango overnight oats recipe for later: