Overnight Oats with Mango Yogurt
Delicious Mango overnight oats are perfect for a tropical make-ahead breakfast that is not only quick & simple but also delicious.
If I haven’t said it before , I’ll say it again. I LOVE overnight oats recipe’s. Not only do they help me eat healthy breakfasts, no matter how hectic my schedule. They also are so versatile that I find myself coming back to them time and time again so experiment with new flavour combinations. Mango overnight oats are definitely a favourite of mine too.
Simply by mixing mango and yogurt, you can create a delicious, thick mango yogurt that are perfect in creating mango overnight oats that are more-ish and filling. Plus, by making your own home-made mango flavoured yogurt mix – you know that there are no additives or any other ‘nasties’ in your yogurt.
Now, I know I’ve said this before in a previous blog post ( side note – feel free to check out my blueberry overnight oats recipe here) but there are a few simple reasons that I love overnight oats.
- Overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast as they can be meal prepped in a big batch and kept to feed you every day of the week.
- They are incredibly versatile: Simple swap out the liquid type, spices, fillings and toppings for each and every portion!
- They are super simple to make – Add oats, liquid and flavourings- leave to soak. Voila!
These make-ahead Mango overnight oats really are the perfect tropical treat to start your day. Topped with desiccated coconut and kiwi, these transport me to a tropical location every time. Not to mention, incredibly healthy. Mango is not only full of anti-oxidants, but is high-fibre and has high levels of Vitamin A & C.
Makes: 2 small jars
Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
Layer 1 – Oats:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- honey to taste ( or alternative vegan sweetener)
Layer 2 – Yogurt:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 mango
- When creating this delicious mango overnight oats, the first thing to do is prepare the oats base. To prepare the overnight oats, mix the rolled oats with the chia seed, add the milk and honey ( or vegan alternative) and stir well. Set aside to soak for at least 10 min or, for best results, keep in the fridge overnight.
- To prepare the mango yogurt topping, mash one mango and mix it well with the yogurt. Feel free to blend the mango if you want a really smooth consistency or leave it chunky.
- To stick the kiwi on the side of the jar, the secret is to cut the fruit really thin and make sure the glass is dry.
- Layer the overnight oats with mango yogurt over that. Top with a few flowers or any toppings you like and sprinkle some shredded coconut.
Let me know in the comment below if you have a go at making these mango overnight oats!
To save this mango overnight oats recipe for later: