I love fries (who wouldn’t right? :-)), but what I love more is making a healthy version of fries, so here is what I tried and I really loved! The nice thing about this recipe is you can use any veggie you like. I chose baby corrugate and okra (lady fingers).
- Veggies of choice (I chose five small courgette/zucchini and few okra)
- about 25 grams of parmesan cheese (to grate)
- about 25 grams of bread crumbs
- 1 whisked Burford Browns egg
- pinch of salt and pepper
- some fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- 1 Burford Browns egg (soft boiled)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the courgettes into normal fries sized pieces. Dip the crougette and the okra (or any other veggie you’re using) into the whisked egg, then into the bread crumbs and place on a baking tray/baking sheet.
- Grate the parmesan on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook them for about 12 minutes or until golden crispy, turn them half-way through cooking.
- Dip in the soft boiled egg and enjoy.
[ultimate-recipe id=”5914″ template=”default”]
Save this recipe for later!