- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 Burford brown eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (optional)
- 1 cup greek style plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk, then add the eggs, yoghurt, vanilla and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix together.
- Add blueberries and fold them into the mixture.
- Set oven to 170C and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes (temperature will slightly vary depending on your oven).
- Use a toothpick to check the loaf, if it comes out clean then you know it is ready!
Save this recipe for later!