An all time favourite for me is this blueberry and lemon loaf which is super easy to bake, takes just an hour and is so delicious!
Can we all just agree that no matter how healthy you try to be, sometimes you just need to eat a bit off cake. And more than that, to smell the baked goods wafting from your oven and know that soon you’ll get to enjoy that first piece of warm , buttered , fruit loaf. I’m salivating just thinking about it!
Save this recipe for later!
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 Burford brown eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (optional)
- 1 cup greek style plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and whisk, then add the eggs, yoghurt, vanilla and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and mix together.
- Add blueberries and fold them into the mixture.
- Set oven to 170C and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes (temperature will slightly vary depending on your oven).
- Use a toothpick to check the loaf, if it comes out clean then you know it is ready!