Overnight Oats with Blueberry Yogurt
A quick & Simple, healthy make-ahead breakfast. These overnight oats with blueberry yogurt are perfect for those lacking time in the morning and are a brilliant way to start you day.
I’m not sure about all of you, but It’s been a constant struggle between my hectic lifestyle and finding the perfect, quick & easy, not to mention healthy, breakfast.
When I first came across the idea of Overnight oats, I was a bit skeptical. I love to dig into a bowl of porridge and wasn’t sure how this would compare. Honestly, though, overnight oats are a new favourite of mine. Plus, these blueberry overnight oats are a treat I keep coming back to time and time again.
By leaving oats in a liquid mixture overnight, they become this lovely soft texture that is both filling and delicious. Plus, I love to experiment with new overnight oats flavour combinations . Expect to see a LOT more on this blog!
In fact, if you’re wanting to check out some more flavour options right now. Check out my Mango overnight oats or Strawberry overnight oats recipes.
Why you should try overnight oats:
- Overnight oats are a perfect breakfast for those with a hectic lifestyle. Not only are they quick to prepare, but you can meal-prep a big batch and the beginning of the week and have breakfast for the whole week!
- As well as being super simple, they are also SO versatile! You can swap out liquid type, sweetener, spices, toppings etc. Simple store your individual servings in containers and you can use different fillings and toppings every day. That way you’ll never get bored.
- As much as I love porridge, the simplicity ( and time taken to prepare) overnight oats gets to me every time. Simply filling your container with your oats, liquid and flavourings and leave to soak. Voila!
This overnight oats recipe with blueberry yogurt is actually a bit unique from lots of the oats recipes I first began experimenting with when I discovered overnight oats. Although It’s not filled with lots and lots of fresh toppings, I personally love how the textures between the oats and the blueberry yogurt combine to make this delicious, filling meal that keeps me coming back for more. Also, note, feel free to add cheeky additional toppings if you want.
To keep the recipe even healthier, I actually create the blueberry yogurt myself. To do this I simply mix plain yogurt with fresh blueberries. That way I know I’m keeping any ‘nasties’ out of my breakfast.
As well as that, I’ve included chia seeds within the oats mix. These are not only perfect to thicken up the mix and for textural change but also a wonderful addition to a healthy breakfast. Chia seeds are absolutely packed with nutrients, without being too calorie dense , so are a perfect add-on to smoothies, yogurt bowls, overnight oats etc.
Let’s hope you enjoy these delicious blueberry overnight oats as much as I do. If you give the recipe a go then left me know down in the comments below.
Makes: 2 small jars of blueberry overnight oats
Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
Layer 1 – Oats:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- honey to taste ( Feel free to swap out with vegan alternative)
Layer 2 – blueberry Yogurt:
- 1 cup yogurt
- a handful of blueberries
- The first thing to do when making blueberry overnight oats is to prepare the overnight oats. To do this simply mix the rolled oats with the chia seeds, add the milk and honey ( or alternative sweetener) and stir well. Set aside to soak for at least 10 min ( if you just can’t wait or are wanting a quick treat) or, for best results, keep in the fridge overnight. This will help the oats thicken and have the perfect texture.
- To prepare the Blueberry yogurt topping, mash a handful of blueberries and mix them well with the yogurt.
- To stick the flowers on the side of the jar, use a little honey on the jar – it will act as glue.
- Layer the overnight oats with blueberry yogurt over them and top with a few blueberries or any toppings you like. Then sprinkle some shredded coconut over them to complete the dish.
To save for later: