Healthy and delicious aubergines, with a Japanese twist. You can have them as a side dish or as a main dish when you add some salad and noodles (glass noodles goes perfecting with this).
Makes: as main dish, serves 2
Preparing Time: 35 minutes (includes cooking time)
- 6 Japanese aubergines
- 1 tBsp sesame oil
- 2 tBsp white miso
- 1 tBsp warm water
- 3 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 tBsp scallions, thinly sliced
- A bit of oil
- Serving suggestion: Mixed salad leaves of your choice, glass noodles
- Slice the aubergines in 2 and brush each half with oil. Arrange them on a tray covered with baking paper. Then, roast them in the oven at 240ºC for 20 minutes, flipping them mid-time.
- In the meantime, whisk the miso and the warm water. Add the ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, white wine vinegar, black pepper, 1/2 of the sesame seeds, and 1/2 of the scallions. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Once the aubergines are roasted, take them out of the oven and smear them with the miso mix. Put them back in the oven and broil them for 4-5 minutes.
- Let the aubergine halves cool off for a few minutes then place them on top of the salad leaves and glass noodles. Note: I used spinach for this recipe. Also, if you choose to use glass noodles, they just need to be boiled for a couple a minutes, so they are very quick to prepare.
- Top with the rest of the sesame seeds and scallions. Enjoy!
To save for later: