Delicious, healthy granola cups with yogurt and fruit for your snack cravings! You just need a few cupboard staples and about 30 minutes of your time.
These healthy yogurt granola cups can really satisfy both your taste buds and your hunger. It’s taken me a LONG time but I think I have finally found a keeper of a granola recipe. And what better way to show it off than with delicious baked granola cups topped with yogurt, fruit, and edible flowers!
This granola recipe is so easy to make. There is no need to opt for store-bought granola, especially because you can never be sure how much sugar and other additives there are. But with homemade, you are in control of the ingredients. And I just love making it simple and adding just a couple of spices and ingredients I am sure you have at home.
These cups are great for breakfast or snacks. And they are both delicious and healthy eats, providing plenty of nutrients. And you can tweak the topping to match your flavor.
Here is what you need for the Yogurt Granola Cups
- Oats – I used rolled oats
- Bananas – I used baby bananas but you can use regular ones too.
- Coconut oil and honey (or alternative sweetener like maple syrup)
- Cardamom, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract (which you can easily make at home with my recipe)
- Natural/Greek yogurt
- Fresh berries and fruit
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Optionally, you can also add shredded coconut, nuts or seeds (like almonds or sunflower seeds), a drizzle of nut butter, or even dried fruit.
Here are the steps
Begin by mashing all the banana in a large bowl until they are smooth. This is done fairly easily with a fork, especially if the bananas a little riper.
Add all ingredients into the bowl and combine thoroughly. Feel free to even use your hands and really mix it all together.
Grease a cupcake tray (or a muffin cups mold) with a little bit of oil or cooking spray and then divide the granola cups mix into the tray.
Using a spoon, shape the oat mixture to the side of the tray pockets. This is how you shape the cups.
Bake in the oven at 170ºC for around 15 minutes.
It may take slightly longer but check at around 15 minutes and then you can always leave them in for an extra few minutes if needed.
Especially if you like the granola cups more on the crunchy side, then leave the muffin tin for a couple of extra minutes in the oven (even after you turn it off).
Once cooked remove from the oven and leave to cool down completely.
Meanwhile, prepare your toppings for the granola cups. Use your favorite fruit and berries.
I used Natural Yogurt, berries and chopped fruit, and edible flowers (they are completely optional).
Fill up the granola cups with some yogurt, then top them with the fresh fruit. Add any additional toppings like shredded coconut or nut and seeds.
You could also drizzle some almond butter or sprinkle extra cinnamon.
Serve immediately! Alternatively, you can keep the cups for a few days in an airtight container in the fridge and then top with your yogurt wet toppings as and when needed.
If you try this recipe, feel free to tag me in your recreations @Alphafoodie and let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Healthy Yogurt Granola Cups
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 tBsp coconut oil
- 7 baby bananas or 3-4 big ones
- 1/3 cup honey or alternative sweetener
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Mash all the banana until smooth.
- Add all ingredients into the bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Grease a cupcake tray with a little bit of oil and then divide the granola cups mix into the tray - using a spoon to help shape the mix to the side of the tray pockets.
- Bake in the oven at 170ºC for around 15 minutes (It may take slightly longer but check at around 15 minutes and then you can always leave them in for an extra few minutes if needed)
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare your toppings for the granola cups. I used Natural Yogurt, berries and chopped fruit and edible flowers.