This rich and creamy dairy-free, low-carb, no churn 4-ingredient Pistachio & Avocado Ice Cream is not only simple to make but a delicious healthy summer treat!
Step aside Avo-toast because today we’re bringing a new dish to the table: avocado ice cream! With just 4-ingredients and a no churn method, there is no need for an ice cream maker to whip up this delight within 10 minutes and leave to set for a lovely healthy indulgence.
Having recently made ( and loved!) Vegan avocado chocolate mousse truffles, I’m already aware that avocado can be divine inside desserts adding a rich, creamy-ness alongside healthy fats- perfect for this pistachio & avocado ice cream combination.
In fact- it’s no secret that I just love avocado’s in general and will find any way to include them into my dishes from my Savoury cupcakes with avocado frosting, Avocado Hummus , As part of my Detox Strawberry smoothie & Chia pudding jar.
What is perhaps more interesting though is that you don’t have to be an avocado lover at all to love this avocado ice cream! The pistachios are really the main flavour bringer while the avocado creates a rich, creamy-ness which allows you to keep the recipe dairy-free.
In fact, if you’re wanting to fully Veganise the recipe then feel free to swap out the honey for a sweetener of your choice. I’ve found honey gives the best flavour for me personally but agave or maple could be substituted.
Not only is this 4-ingredient avocado ice cream super creamy but it is also super versatile. With just a couple extra ingredients you can easily make mint-choc or chocolate avocado ice cream while still remaining a healthy indulgence.
The Simple 4-ingredient Avocado ice cream Recipe:
Makes: 8 portions
Preparing Time: 10 minutes (not including freezing time)
- Blitz the pistachios in a blender/food processor to obtain a flour-like consistency.
- Open up the avocados, scoop out the flesh & add it to the pistachio flour.
Note: To make this dessert more fun, you can use the avocado shells as serving cups. If you do this, make sure to scoop out the flesh carefully so you keep the shell intact. You can also keep the seeds.
- Add the coconut cream and honey to the pistachios and avocados and blend them well until you obtain a creamy mixture.
- Serve in cups or the avocado shells and put in the freezer. Keep for at least 30-60 minutes so the cream can begin to properly set. You can also keep it overnight till the cream is more frozen.
- If completely frozen, let it out of the freezer for about 30 minutes so it softens. Enjoy your avocado ice cream!