Simple mango smoothie recipe that is refreshing and easy to make. With four simple ingredients, it’s the perfect healthy breakfast idea or sweet snack to add to your day. Any mango lover will agree that this mango smoothie recipe is one of the best!
One thing I am sure of is that you need to try this refreshing smoothie now. It’s a fail-proof smoothie recipe that is full of mango flavor. Every glass that you make is exactly what relaxation and summertime are all about.
The flavor of this mango recipe is the perfect balance of sweetness. Once you mix together the ingredients, the perfection of the texture and flavor will keep you wanting more.
I love enjoying mangoes when I’m craving tropical flavors. Not to mention that mango is high in fiber, contains high levels of Vitamin A and C, AND is full of anti-oxidants. It’s hard to deny the goodness of smoothies!
Many people start their day with smoothies, while others treat them as a dessert later on in the day. If you want more delicious smoothie recipes, why not check my Mango Pineapple Smoothie and Peach Smoothie.
What’s in Mango Smoothie
It’s crazy to think that a smoothie this delicious is made with just the four simple ingredients listed below. Most you actually probably have already in your kitchen. Save yourself some major bucks and whip up this mango smoothie recipe today.
- Mango: Fresh or frozen mango chunks both work. Use what you have at home. If you’re using fresh mango, but sure to chunk it up so that it blends easier.
- Banana: Fresh bananas work best, but you can also use frozen bananas. If the banana is frozen, it will help to have a thicker smoothie.
- Milk: Regular milk is great, but almond milk or other nut milk could work, too.
- Natural yogurt: Greek yogurt is delicious. I use plain, but if you use flavored yogurt, it will change up the flavor of the smoothie.
Optional Add-ins and Variations
While this mango banana smoothie recipe is perfect as is, there are always options that you can add to make it different.
- To create a vegan option, use dairy-free plant-based milk and vegan yogurt (like coconut milk yogurt).
- Add oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, or even protein powder, so the mango smoothie has a good amount of proteins, vitamins, and healthy fats.
- Add a little bit of lime juice or orange juice for some fun citrus flavor.
- Don’t forget to add the fun umbrella straw! It creates the tropical look!
How to Make a Mango Smoothie
Follow the step-by-step directions to make this creamy and delicious mango smoothie recipe. You’ll be enjoying the refreshing taste in no time at all.
How to Prepare a Mango
Preparing a mango for a mango smoothie recipe is simple and easy to do! You just need to peel and dice the fresh mango. For detailed directions, find out how to cut a mango here.
Add All the Ingredients to a Blender
Add everything to the blender. Make sure that the liquids are at the bottom of the blender and blend until smooth. It might take a couple of minutes to break up the frozen fruit. Be patient – it’s worth it!
Once it’s blended, pour it into your favorite smoothie glass and enjoy.
Optional: Serve in a bowl
Add the smoothie mixture to a bowl and top with edible flavors, chocolate hearts, dragonfruit balls, or anything else you’d like. Shredded coconut would be delicious, too!
How To Store Leftover Mango Smoothie
It’s best to enjoy this smoothie recipe fresh, but leftovers can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container. When you’re ready to drink, just stir and enjoy.
Be sure to drink any leftover smoothies within one day for the best flavor and texture. If you find that it’s not the right consistency after storing it, you can always add it back to the blender and add in some more banana or mango to help thicken it back up. Or add some ice cubes to help it cool down.
How to Freeze Mango?
It’s entirely possible to freeze mangoes for later. To freeze mangos, cut the mango into cubes or slices and then flash freeze on a flat surface. You’ll then add the mango pieces to a freezer-safe bag and store it in the freezer.
Freezing mangoes is a great way to grab mangos at the store when they’re in season and at a great price. The best time to buy mangos is from December to March because this is when they’re the sweetest and ripest, which makes them perfect for freezing and preserving that flavor.
There are a lot of fruits that pair well with the mango flavor. Some of my favorites are pineapple, coconut, bananas, and oranges.
It is considered a superfood because of the low calories and the high nutrients that are found in each serving.
The easiest way to help ripen a mango quickly is to add it to a paper sack. Just leave the mangos in the bag at room temperature, and this should help them ripen within a couple of days.
More Mango Recipes
If you try this mango smoothie recipe, I’d love to hear your thoughts/questions below. Also, I’d appreciate a recipe card rating below, and feel free to tag me in your recipe recreations on Instagram @Alphafoodie!
The Best Mango Smoothie
- 12.5 oz mango 2 cups chopped, fresh or frozen
- 5.4 oz banana 1 large, fresh or frozen
- 1.5 cup milk dairy or plant-based of choice
- 1/2 cup natural yogurt
- Blender/Food processor
- If using fresh mango, first peel and dice the mango. For detailed directions, find out how to cut a mango here.
- Add everything to the blender. Make sure that the liquids are at the bottom of the blender and blend until smooth. It might take a couple of minutes to break up the frozen fruit. Be patient – it’s worth it!
- Once it's blended, pour it into your favorite smoothie glass and enjoy. Feel free to top with some shredded coconut or your favorite toppings.
- To create a vegan option, use dairy-free plant-based milk and vegan yogurt (like coconut yogurt).
- Add oats, chia seeds, or flax seeds, so the mango smoothie has a good amount of proteins, vitamins, and healthy fats.
- Add a little bit of lime juice for some fun citrus flavor.