Bang Bang Sauce
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sweet, spicy, and perfectly creamy! Try this delicious homemade Bang Bang sauce – it makes your food even tastier than Bonefish Grill’s. It’s simple to make and goes with almost anything!
What is Bang Bang sauce
Bang Bang sauce is a mayo-based condiment that draws inspiration from Asian cuisine. It’s the perfect addition to seafood, chicken, or salads. Whether drizzled over crispy chicken or shrimp or used as a dipping sauce, this easy-to-make creamy sauce adds a touch of spice and sweetness to any dish.
- Mayonnaise: You can use store-bought or make your own mayo. I recommend going for a full-fat version to get the creamiest sauce.
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Sriracha Sauce: Or use your favorite hot sauce.
- Rice Vinegar.
How to make Bang Bang sauce
Mix the Ingredients: In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, and rice vinegar. Then, using a small balloon whisk or a fork, mix the ingredients until a thick sauce forms. It should have a light, salmon-pink color.
Chill and Serve: Place the sauce in the fridge and allow to chill for at least 30 minutes. So this will allow the flavors to meld and give you an even tastier finished sauce.
What is Bang Bang sauce used for
- Seafood Topping: Bang Bang Sauce is one of the main flavor components of Bang Bang Shrimp – a delicious dish at the famous American restaurant, Bonefish Grill. Plus, it’s also served drizzled over fish.
- For Chips: Drizzle over your favorite potato chips or tortilla chips.
- As a Dip: It is the perfect accompaniment to fried food. Try it with crispy chicken tenders, fried mushrooms, chicken wings, or crispy French fries.
- With Vegetables: A perfect creamy sauce for pairing with veggies. Try it with fried squash, zucchini fries, celery, carrot and cucumber.
- As a Glaze: In the last few minutes of cooking, brush the sauce over filets of salmon, shrimp, or chicken to add a boost of flavor.
- As Salad Dressing: Drizzle the sauce over your favorite salad to add a sweet and spicy kick. It’s great with tuna or salmon salad.
- In Burgers and Wraps: Thanks to its mayo base, this sauce pairs best with meat or fish-based food. Try it on burgers and chicken or fish sandwiches. Or, add it as the base to a wrap.
Other famous sauce recipes
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- Raising Cane’s Sauce Recipe (Copycat)
- Homemade Chipotle Sauce
- Yum Yum Sauce
If you try this Bang Bang sauce recipe, let me know how it goes in the comments below. I’d appreciate a recipe card rating and would love to see your recipe recreations – tag me on Instagram @Alphafoodie!
Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- In a bowl, add the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha and rice vinegar. Using a small balloon whisk or a fork, mix the ingredients until a thick sauce forms. It should have a light, salmon pink color.
- Place the sauce in the fridge and allow it to chill for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the flavors to meld and give you an even tastier finished product.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.