For two people
- 2 medium sized ethically harvested wild salmon
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 large lemon
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 avocado
- 1 medium sized fennel (LOVE fennel with salmon)
- Two large handfuls of kale
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) to season the potatoes
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- To garnish (optional) edible flowers & black sesame seeds
- On a cutting board insert a barbecue stick in a sweet potato and then cut the potato, with a knife, in spiral direction. Note that if the potato is too hard, pinch few holes in it and microwave for about 30 seconds. This will make it easier to insert the stick.
2. Using a brush, season the potatoes with chilli, garlic and olive oil.
3. Preheat the oven to 220 C.
4. Place the potatoes on a baking tray and cook for about 20 minutes until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
5. Season the salmon with lemon, salt and olive oil, add the slices of lemon, dill and and place on another baking tray. I love dill. I think it’s perfect with salmon but you can add your favourite aromatic herb if you’re not a fan of dill.
6. place the salmon in the oven (grill mode) for about 7 minutes per side.
7. In a ziplog bag massage the kale gently some curly kale with extra virgin olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
8. place all the ingredients in a bowl and garnish with whatever you like, I added avocado balls and edible flowers.
[ultimate-recipe id=”5896″ template=”70″]
Save this recipe for later!