Homemade, healthier bounty bar
Raw, vegan, refined sugar free.
Makes: 12-15 bars
Preparing Time: about 10 minutes (+20-30 minutes in freezer)
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ~1 cup dark chocolate (or milk chocolate if you prefer)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then add them to a food processor/blender. Blend for a couple of minutes or until you achieve a texture you like .
- Spread over a glass container or silicone mould or any tray slightly thicker than the bar you would like to have. Then place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
Note: You don’t need a special silicone mould to create this. I only used one because I like the bars to be perfectly symmetrical. You can just spread the layers in a tray and then cut them after they come from the freezer (before dipping them in chocolate).
- Melt the chocolate. It’s best to do it on a double boiler but you could also do it in the microwave in 10-15 second increments.
- Dip each bar in the melted chocolate and set aside to dry. I like my bounty extra chocolate-y so I dipped them twice.
- You can store the bounty bars in the freezer in a sealed container and they can last for up to two months.
To save for later: