This healthy, refined sugar-free, no-bake vegan Earl Grey blueberry Tart with an almond/coconut base is a delicious addition to any afternoon tea or to impress guests this Summer!
It may be fairly obvious by now that I absolutely love tarts and pies of all kinds and I couldn’t wait to share this refined sugar-free, no-bake, vegan earl grey blueberry tart with you all! Also, feel free to check out my recipe for Vegan Pistachio & Lemon Tart, Vegan strawberry rose tart, Raw Vegan raspberry cheesecake, or even a Raw Vegan pumpkin pie!
Some people have the tendency to believe that if you’re suggesting a no-bake vegan tart then flavour and texture are being sacrificed and it’s true that textures are different. However, I don’t think this is a negative. I can honestly say the flavour of this earl grey blueberry tart is one of my absolute favourites.
The recipe is completely dairy-free and yet the coconut cream creates a rich creamy flavour so you’re not missing out on that factor. Plus this recipe is refined sugar-free, using natural sweeteners to provide a lovely subtle sweetness to the vegan tart.
Plus, the actual process for making this no-bake tart is incredibly simple. The crust recipe is as simple as chucking a few ingredients in a blender and can be used for raw vegan recipes as well. The filling simply needs a bit of heating and stirring and then it’s cool down time. Voila!
In terms of storing this tart, simply keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for a month.
Vegan Early Grey Blueberry Tart Recipe:
Makes: 1 Earl Grey Blueberry tart (8″/20cm)
Preparation Time: ~30 minutes (does not include cooling-down time).
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut (or in my case I used the leftover coconut meal after making coconut milk)
- 5 dates
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil ( if needed)
- pinch of salt
Vegan Tart Filling:
- 1.5 cups full fat coconut cream
- 1 cup blueberries ( either fresh or frozen but the colour will change depending on which you use)
- 1 tbsp earl grey tea ( I used a blend with blue cornflours . this isn’t necessary but could affect colour)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp agar agar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a handful of blueberries
- a handful of dragon fruit balls
- shredded coconut
- edible flowers (optional)
- or any of your favourite fruit or toppings
- To begin making this earl grey blueberry tart, we start by constructing the base. Blend the almonds in a food processor/blender till a fine crumb. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and mix well until you obtain a uniform sticky mixture. Note* If the crust isn’t sticky enough then add a tbsp of coconut oil and this will help it to stick together when chilled.
- Add the crust dough to a tart tin (8″/20cm) and spread it evenly on the whole surface. Leave to chill in the fridge, while you prepare the filling.
- To prepare the earl grey blueberry filling, first heat up the coconut cream in a medium saucepan, stirring well till smooth and uniform. Add the rest of the filling ingredients. Mash the blueberries in the saucepan so they release their juice, giving colour and flavour to the mix. Bring to a slow boil and cook for a few minutes until the mix thickens, stirring continuously.
- When the mixture has become thicker, remove from the heat and pour through a sieve to remove lumps.
- Pour the filling over the crust and leave it to cool completely. Place in the fridge for some time, till the filling is completely set.
- As the tart sets and the filling cools down, the colour will deepen (naturally) giving you a gorgeous dark purple!
- Decorate with blueberries, dragon fruit balls, shredded coconut and edible flowers or with your favourite toppings.
To save this healthy no-bake early grey blueberry tart recipe for later: