A delicious Pancake Cake with coconut cream frosting and berries, Deserving of any Royal occasion .
Save this recipe for later!
For the Pancakes:
- 4 Cups plain flour
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tsp Baking power
- ½ tbsp baking soda
- 4 Clarence Court Burford Brown eggs
- 2 Cups buttermilk
- 10 tbsp butter, for pan
- ½ tsp Cinnamon or Vanilla ( optional)
For the Coconut cream Frosting:
- 2 cans coconut cream ( chilled overnight in fridge)
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup icing sugar ( up to ½ cup if needed)
- Summer berries, to decorate
- Edible Roses, to decorate
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add in the eggs, ½ stick of melted butter ( ¼ cup) and buttermilk and mix till smooth.
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to a large pan till melted then add enough batter to coat the bottom of the pan ( between ¼- ½ cup batter) and cook till the surface begins to bubble then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. If you are making a 2 tier cake, repeat this process for around 5-6 pancakes then reduce the batter added to the pan to coat ¾ of the pan and make 6 pancakes. For a 3 tier cake then aim to make 3 large, 3 medium and 3 small pancakes. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile whip the coconut cream frosting. For this it’s best to leave the can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight then flip the can upside down, open and drain the liquid ( or save for smoothies!) then whip. ( Always put a spare can in the fridge in case one doesn’t yield enough cream). To whip simply beat with the icing sugar and add the vanilla till lovely, smooth and thick.
- Stack the pancakes with an even layer of frosting between each pancake then decorate with summer berries and edible roses.
** Note: The above recipe amounts will make slightly more batter than needed, to allow for a couple of un-usable pancake attempts
*note= For an extra indulgence you can include a thin layer of berry jam on top of each pancake