With a delicious savoury spinach base and quinoa flour, you can create a healthy protein-filled green crepe topped with all your favourite ingredients
For the spinach pancake base: ( Makes 4-6 pancakes)
- 1 Cup fresh spinach (packed)
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa flour
- 1/2 Cup milk ( plant-based can be substituted)
- 1 Large Burford browns egg (for a vegan option use vegan egg substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey ( or vegan alternative)
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp Butter- to cook
- Toppings (chose your personal favourites, these are some of mine)
- Add all the ingredients, except for the butter, into a blender/processor and process till silky smooth ( Alternatively use a hand blender). You should have a smooth, thin batter.
- Let the batter rest for 10-15 minutes for the best consistency
- Heat up an 8″ (20cm) pan over a medium heat and add a little butter ( Alternatively you could use a little bit of coconut oil) till it just begins to lightly bubble.
- Pour enough batter in the pan to be able to swirl for a light coating- Around ——– of batter.
- Cook the crepes for 1-2 minutes on each side . Add slightly more butter/oil to the pan between crepes if needed.
- Top with your favourite toppings- For me these include some leafy greens, tomatoes, mushrooms, avocado and your favourite other veggies