Delightful matcha protein waffles, perfect for a healthy filling breakfast.
For the waffle mixture: ( Makes 4-6 waffles)
- 1 Tsp matcha green tea powder
- 2 Cups Quinoa flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Cup coconut sugar
- 1 Cup coconut milk (Add more if the batter seems too thick)
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup coconut oil
- 3 Burford Brown eggs (for a vegan option use vegan egg substitute)
- A pinch of salt
** Note: These waffles have a very earthy taste to them because of the matcha- If you prefer a sweeter waffle then you can swap the matcha for your choice of superfood powder or you can add
- Add all the ingredients, into a mixing bowl (alternatively, mix it together in a blender) until the batter is smooth. The consistency should be smooth and slightly runny (if it’s too thick add more milk).
- Allow the batter to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the waffle iron, make sure the iron is very hot and greased in advance (I used coconut oil).
- Cook the waffles for about 3-5 minutes depending on your waffle maker, but keep an eye on them, they burn quickly.
- Top your finished waffles with your favourite toppings, and enjoy.