This delicious vegan Pistachio & Lemon Tart is made up of a dairy-free lemon tart filling with a raw vegan pistachio tart crust. Perfect for impressing!
If you haven’t already seen my recipe for a strawberry & rose vegan tart using this delicious raw vegan pistachio tart base then check it out now! However, if you’re in the mood for something with a bit more ZING then you’ve come to the right place.
This dairy-free citrus tart is the perfect treat for impressing ( or for a naughty treat!).
How to Make this Vegan Pistachio & Lemon Tart:
Honestly, the process for making this tart couldn’t be much simpler!
In terms of the raw vegan base, you simply chuck all the ingredients into a blender and blitz till you have the right consistency. The dates are used as a ‘sticky’ agent to make this crust pliable still stick together. Super simple!
Plus this raw vegan pistachio tart crust recipe can be kept and used for so many tart recipes as well as for the base of many raw vegan recipes such as the base of raw vegan energy bars etc.
For the dairy-free lemon tart filling, there is a bit more of a process to make it ‘just right’, however, I still think that it’s fairly simple. It’s really just throwing the ingredients into a pot and bringing to a boil, till the right consistency is achieved.
Using corn starch and agar agar powder instead of classic gelatin, you’re able to create a thick, stable vegan mix that will set without the use of any animal products.
If you give this recipe a go then please let me know your thoughts in the comments below and/or tag your creations @alphafoodie on Instagram.
Makes: 1 tart (8″/20cm tin)
Preparing Time: ~30 minutes (does not include cooling down time).
- 1.5 cup almond flour
- 0.5 cup pistachios
- 2 dates
- 1.5 Tbsp coconut oil
- 0.5 tsp cardamom
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups full fat coconut cream
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tBsp corn starch
- 2 tsp agar agar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp rose water (optional)
- a handful of blueberries
- a handful of dragon fruit balls
- chocolate hearts
- edible flowers
- or any of your favourite fruit or toppings
- Blend the almond flour and pistachios in a food processor/blender till a fine crumb. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and mix well until you obtain a uniform sticky mixture.
- Add the crust dough to a tart tin (8″/20cm) and spread it evenly on the whole surface. Leave to chill in the fridge, while you prepare the filling.
- To prepare the citrus filling first heat up the coconut cream in a medium saucepan, stirring well till smooth and uniform.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients, including the corn starch and agar agar. While stirring continuously, bring to a slow boil and cook for a few minutes until the mix thickens.
- When the mixture has become thicker, remove from the heat and leave it to cool down for 10-15 minutes. Then pour over the crust and leave it to cool completely.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours at least, till the filling is completely set.
- Decorate with blueberries, dragon fruit balls and edible flowers or with your favourite toppings.
To save this vegan pistachio & lemon tart recipe for later: