Overnight Oats with Strawberry Yogurt
These Strawberry overnight oats are a quick & simple make-ahead breakfast recipe that are the perfect start to your day.
Oh look, I’m at it again. I just can’t get enough of overnight oats recipe’s. If you haven’t already then feel free to check out my blueberry overnight oats or Mango overnight oats.
This time I’m sharing my strawberry overnight oats recipe with you. In a similar way to how I have prepared the other two recipe’s mentioned above. I have made these overnight oats in a slightly different way. Rather than simply mixing oats, liquid and flavourings and then having various toppings. For this strawberry overnight oats, the recipe calls for a plain overnight oats base with a strawberry yogurt topping.
As always, I have made my own strawberry flavoured yogurt simply by mashing up some fresh strawberries into plain yogurt. This is not only delicious but also healthy as I get to know exactly what is in every single element on this dish and don’t have to worry about additives or artificial colourings/flavours etc.
For these strawberry overnight oats the recipe is fairly simple but absolutely delicious. First you have your overnight oats with strawberry yogurt then top with strawberries and possibly some desiccated coconut for added texture.
Feel free to include any additional cheeky toppings. I find that the mix of the thick yogurt and the oats with just a few toppings serves me perfectly. However, I know that others might like to pile on more so – feel free!
Without further ado, find my recipe for strawberry overnight oats below. Please let me know in the comment below if you give this recipe a try. Let me know what you think!
Layer 1 - Oats:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- honey to taste ( or vegan alternative)
Layer 2 - Yogurt:
- 1 cup yogurt
- a handful of strawberries
- a few edible flowers (completely optional)
- a few strawberries
- shredded coconut
- To prepare the strawberry overnight oats, the first thing you want to do is create the oats base. To do this, mix the rolled oats with the chia seeds, add the milk and honey ( or alternative sweetener) and stir well. Set aside to soak for at least 10 min or, for best results, keep in the fridge overnight.
- To prepare the yogurt topping, mash a handful of strawberries and mix them well with the yogurt. Blend the strawberries if you want a smooth consistency, or leave chunky- depending on your preference.
- To stick fruits on the side of the jar, the secret is to cut the fruit really thin and make sure the glass is dry.
- Layer the overnight oats with strawberry yogurt over. Top with a few flowers, strawberries or any toppings you like and sprinkle with some shredded coconut.
To save this strawberry overnight oats recipe for later: