Overnight Oats with Strawberry Yogurt – These Strawberry overnight oats are a quick & simple make-ahead breakfast recipe that are the perfect start to your day.
I really feel like I am eating dessert for breakfast – so yummy. These recipes are also great for meal prep.
This time I’m sharing my strawberry overnight oats (strawberry oatmeal) recipe with you. In a similar way to how I have prepared the other two recipe’s mentioned above.
I have made these overnight oats in a slightly different way. Rather than simply mixing oats, liquid and flavourings and then having various toppings. For this strawberry overnight oats, the recipe calls for a plain overnight oats base with a strawberry yogurt topping.
As always, I have made my own strawberry flavoured yogurt simply by mashing up some fresh strawberries into plain yogurt.
This is not only delicious but also healthy as I get to know exactly what is in every single element on this dish and don’t have to worry about additives or artificial colourings/flavours etc.
For these strawberry overnight oats the recipe is fairly simple but absolutely delicious.
Feel free to include any additional cheeky toppings, like some nuts or or a spoonful of almond butter. I find that the mix of the thick yogurt and the oats with just a few toppings serves me perfectly. However, I know that others might like to pile on more so – feel free!
Without further ado, find my recipe for strawberry overnight oats below. Please let me know in the comment below if you give this recipe a try. Let me know what you think!
All you need:
- for the first layer – rolled oats, chia seeds, plant-based milk (almond milk or coconut milk are great), honey (or maple syrup)
- for the second layer – Greek yogurt (plant-based also works) and strawberries
- toppings – strawberries, shredded coconut, edible flowers, of course any and all of these are optional.
First prepare the oats base by mixing the rolled oats with the chia seeds. Then add the milk and honey (or alternative sweetener or brown sugar) and stir well.
Set them aside to soak for at least 10 min or, for best results and if you love cold oatmeal, refrigerate overnight.
To prepare the yogurt topping, mash a handful of strawberries and mix them well with the yogurt. Blend the strawberries if you want a smooth consistency, or leave chunky- depending on your preference.
To stick fruits on the side of the jar, the secret is to cut the fruit really thin and make sure the glass is dry.
Layer the overnight oats with strawberry yogurt over. Top with a few flowers, strawberries or any toppings you like and sprinkle with some shredded coconut.
Here’s the detailed recipe:
Layer 1 - Oats:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tBsp chia seeds
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp honey to taste (or vegan alternative)
Layer 2 - Yogurt:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- a few edible flowers (completely optional)
- 2 strawberries
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- To prepare the strawberry overnight oats, the first thing you want to do is create the oats base. To do this, mix the rolled oats with the chia seeds, add the milk and honey ( or alternative sweetener) and stir well. Set aside to soak for at least 10 min or, for best results, keep in the fridge overnight.
- To prepare the yogurt topping, mash a handful of strawberries and mix them well with the yogurt. Blend the strawberries if you want a smooth consistency, or leave chunky- depending on your preference.
- To stick fruits on the side of the jar, the secret is to cut the fruit really thin and make sure the glass is dry.
- Layer the overnight oats with strawberry yogurt over. Top with a few flowers, strawberries or any toppings you like and sprinkle with some shredded coconut.
This post may contain affiliate links which means, at no additional cost to yourself, I may earn a commission- to help purchase ingredients for my next recipe- if you purchase an item having clicked a link on this page.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 351Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 17mgSodium 150mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 7gSugar 15gProtein 17g
To save this strawberry overnight oats recipe for later: