This non-dairy Strawberry Rose Tart with a raw vegan pistachio crust is not only super simple to make but is absolutely delicious and beautiful!
It’s absolutely no secret that I love creating beautiful as well as delicious goodies in my kitchen. The more colourful the better!
No word of a lie – This strawberry rose tart with a strawberry and rose creamy coconut filling combined with the subtle sweetness of the pistachio and almond raw vegan tart base is a new favourite of mine! I’ll take five please … actually, make that ten!
What’s up with this raw vegan tart base:
In fact, the vegan tart base is the perfect choice for all sorts of recipes, especially as it is a raw vegan option. Although the filling for this particular tart isn’t raw, this raw vegan tart base recipe can be kept and used for all your raw needs. It’s beautiful as well as delicious. Plus, if you’re needing it to be any sweeter then feel free to add a little extra natural sweetener of choice ( I usually just pop in an additional date or two).
For this particular strawberry rose filling, I personally don’t think the tart base needs to be any sweeter though as the filling itself is deliciously sweet.
What about the Strawberry & Rose Filling:
So, as previously stated, this filling isn’t a raw vegan one, however, it is still completely dairy-free and vegan.
The combination of strawberry, rose and coconut cream work perfectly to create a delicious dairy-free yet still super cream flavour profile. Plus, you could also easily swap out seasonal berries to have a truly versatile tart recipe. Blackberry and Lavender is another favourite of mine- by simply swapping out the strawberry and rose.
Although I personally find that this strawberry rose filling is more than delicious enough, I have included an additional ‘optional’ ingredient of strawberry powder if you’re wanting even more of a ‘strawberry’ flavour punch. Using powder allows you to get some concentrated flavour without adding additional liquid to the mix, which could upset it’s ‘setting’.
Makes: 1 tart (8″/20cm tin)
Preparing Time: ~30 minutes (does not include cooling down time).
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pistachios
- 2 dates
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 0.5 tsp cardamom
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1.5 cups full fat coconut cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp agar agar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Optional: Additional strawberry powder
- a handful of blueberries
- a handful of dragon fruit balls
- chocolate hearts
- edible flowers
- or any of your favourite fruit or toppings
- Blend the almonds and pistachios in a food processor/blender.
Add the rests of the crust ingredients and mix well until you obtain a uniform sticky mixture.
- Add the crust dough to a tart tin (8″/20cm) and spread it evenly on the whole surface. If possible chill the mix in the fridge while you prepare the filling as this will help solidify it.
- For the dairy-free strawberry and rose filling begin by blending the strawberries until you obtain a puree-like mix.
- Heat up the coconut cream in a medium saucepan. Stir well till smooth.
- Add the strawberry puree and the rest of the filling ingredients including the corn starch and agar again.
While stirring continuously, bring to a slow boil and cook for a few minutes until the mix thickens.
- When the mixture has become thicker, remove from the heat and let cold down for 10-15 minutes. Then pour over the crust and leave to cool completely.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours at least, until filling is fully set.
- Decorate with blueberries, dragon fruit balls and edible flowers or with your own favourite toppings.
To save this vegan strawberry rose tart recipe for later: