A delicious, organic breakfast of Cinnamon french toast with organic berries!
This organic french toast breakfast is great for a mid-week treat or special occasions ( think valentines day and anniversary’s ;P ). Just a few ingredients and only around 20 – 25 minutes to make- now that’s my kind of breakfast.
Serves: 2 ( makes around 4 slices of french toast on small white bread slices)
Cooking & Preparing Time: 25 minutes- ish
- 4 Slices organic medium thickness white bread
- 2 Organic Large eggs
- 3/4 Cup Organic milk
- 1/2 tablespoon Organic coconut sugar (with extra for sprinkling-around 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed vanilla ( can also use extract- optional!)
- Handful of strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate, blueberries and blackberries
- 2 tsp organic coconut oil for frying ( or similar oil, of your choice)
- icing sugar, to decorate ( optional)
- Maple syrup, to drizzle (optional)
*note= You can use your own choice of fruit to top the french toast
- Mix the eggs, milk, sugar and seasonings in a large bowl till thoroughly combined ( the spices will rise to the top of the mix when resting so don’t worry about this too much).
- Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil into a large frying pan over a medium heat.
Note: If your heat is too high then you will cook the outside of the french toast but the inside of the bread will still have areas of raw egg mix, which nobody wants!
- Meanwhile, place a slice of bread into your egg mix and leave to soak on either side for around a minute each.
- Depending on how large your frying pan is you can cook 1 or 2 slices at one time frying on each side till lightly golden. For a little extra sweetness and browning , sprinkle a little bit extra coconut sugar onto the slice when frying.
- Meanwhile chop the strawberries into slices and wash/ prepare the fruit.
- When all the toast in ready then simply top with the various fruit toppings, sprinkle a light dusting of icing sugar and drizzle over some syrup. Alternatively, serve with the syrup in a dish on the side.