Beautifully more-ish thick, fluffy pancakes! Perfect to serve with fruit and cream
If you’ve been around my blog or Instagram for a while then you’ll know that I absolutely love pancake recipes. From thin crepes and pancake cakes to savoury protein pancakes. Now I’ve gone even bigger and better with huge, fluffy pancakes! Because honestly you can never have too much pancake!
Who else loves pancakes?! These fluffy pancakes take a little bit more preparation time in comparison to your general crepes, because you really need to have nice fluffy egg whites to create the lift and wobble in the pancakes. So worth it though and I hope you agree!
Serves: around 8-10 Pancakes
Preparing Time: 25 minutes
- 3 Cups Plain Flour, sifted
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 3 Cups Milk, warm to touch
- 85g Butter, melted
- 3 Clarence Court Burford brown eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger powder
- 1/2 Tsp nutmeg powder
- Optional : Add Vanilla or sugar if needed ( note – this recipe isn’t sweet because I always have sweet toppings. Feel free to add some sweetener though)
- Begin by sifting the flour and mixing all the dry ingredients together.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks and then beat the egg whites until fluffy, soft peaks formed.
- Meanwhile mix together the butter, milk and egg yolks together until thoroughly combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the egg whites being careful not to knock out too much air from the egg whites ( otherwise you won’t get lovely thick fluffy pancakes!)
- To cook the pancakes use a small pan on low heat and use 1/2 cup mix per pancake.
- Heat gently for around 2 1/2 minutes on each side , until lightly browned ( make sure to keep an eye on them though so you don’t end up with burnt outsides and raw middles! you need a nice low heat) Tip * Use a toothpick to prod the pancake and test that it is cooked all the way through.
- Once cooked transfer to the fluffy pancakes to a plate and serve! I Like to serve mine with some cream and berries. Delicious