This pink smoothie has all the deliciousness of a smoothie with banana, but with a lot less sugar!
Here is the detailed recipe:
Pink No Banana Smoothie
Step 1: Prepare the cauliflower
- To use the cauliflower raw, remove the outer leaves, break it up into florets, and then chuck in your blender into a rice consistency before adding the remaining ingredients and blending into a smooth consistency. You could also use frozen raw cauliflower from the grocery store or freeze it yourself at home.Alternatively, use cooked cauliflower. I use cooked AND frozen cauliflower for a thick, frosty, creamy consistency. You can boil or steam cauliflower florets at home and then spread them on a tray to freeze before transferring them to a freezer-safe container/bag. It's best to do this the night before you want the smoothie, so they're thoroughly frozen.
Step 2: Blend the strawberry cauliflower smoothie
- Add the liquid ingredients to your blender first and then the frozen ingredients. Blend into a smooth, creamy, strawberry smoothie.Transfer the strawberry smoothie to a bowl and top with your choice of toppings. I usually like to add more fresh fruits and sometimes a sprinkling of nuts or granola!If you don't have a powerful smoothie, it may be best to use steamed but not frozen cauliflower, and make sure to chop the strawberries into small pieces before freezing so it's easier on your machine.Once prepared enjoy the smoothie immediately to make the most of the creamy, frost texture!
- Start by reducing your banana in small amounts and swapping it for cauliflower. If you're used to the creamy, strong flavor of banana, it can be an adjustment to go from that to no banana at all.
- Several tests have concluded that there's no need to buy organic cauliflower as there is little pesticide residue in non-organic cauliflower!
- Avoid using a food processor, to make this frosty strawberry cauliflower smoothie. Lots of the time, food processors don't have the power to get those really smooth results we want from a smoothie.
Save this recipe for later!