This pink dragonfruit smoothie layered chia pudding jar is 100% vegan and delicious, nutritious breakfast treat! Plus the chia pudding can be pre-prepped and stored in the fridge for quick 5-minute breakfast throughout the week!
I think by now that everyone has probably realised how much I love ‘pretty food’. Pink dragon fruit/ pitaya has this absolutely gorgeous, rich pink colour that can be used to pretty up all kinds of recipes. Even better is that it’s taste is very subtle so you can easily mix it with other fruits for a yummy blend. Whilst pink dragonfruit is a tropical fruit and so won’t be available in all supermarkets, you should be able to find it in local markets, foreign food stores and even some health stores. In the UK, I know that m&s sell them as well if you can’t find them else where.
Pink Dragonfruit layered Chia Pudding
Layer 1: Chia pudding
- 1 cup almond milk or any milk of choice
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup or your favourite natural sweetener
Layer 2: Pink pitaya smoothie
- 2 bananas frozen
- 1/2 cup pink pitaya / dragonfruit frozen
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or your choice of milk
Toppings (optional toppings):
- Few blueberries and blackberries
- Edible flowers
- Mix all the chia ingredients together and stir well. Allow to soak for at least 30 minutes stirring well to avoid clumps (best overnight in the fridge).
- To stick fruits/veggies on the side of the jar, cut the fruit/veggie really thin and make sure the glass is dry.
- Blend all the smoothie ingredients.
- Layer the two and top with any toppings you like.
Save this recipe for later!