Organic Turmeric Ginger Pumpkin Soup
Cooking & Preparing Time: 50-60 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 cm piece of turmeric, finely chopped
- 8 cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed/chopped
- 1.5 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 oranges peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1.3 kg’s pumpkin, skinned, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 5 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 litre homemade vegetable stock
- 2 litres boiling water
- Place a large deep pot over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, turmeric, ginger, garlic and chili flakes and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the chopped carrot, peppers and pumpkin. Sautee together with the onion mixture for 10-12 mins or until the vegetable pieces become coated in onion mix and begin to caramelise and soften at the edges.
- Next add the stock and boiling water. The vegetable pieces should be totally submerged. Add more water if they’re not.
- Cook on medium/low heat for 30 minutes – 40mins.
- When the vegetables are soft, blend the soup with a hand held mixer until smooth.
- Top with toppings of your choice and serve!
P.S. If you want to serve the soup in a pumpkin, you can slice the top off mini pumpkins, scoop their insides out, brush with olive oil and bake for 40mins at 180deg celcius (or until softened and golden).Save the recipe for later!