A beautiful heart vegan pumpkin pie, perfect for sharing with friends.
I might be a little bit late to the game with the pumpkin recipes this year but I had to share this delicious vegan pumpkin pie. Plus remember that you can make pumpkin puree in advance and freeze it for up to three months! And if you’re in the mood for something a bit more savoury then check out my Pumpkin Soup recipe
Cooking & Preparing Time: 50-60 minutes
For The Filling:
- 1 & 1/2 cups Pumpkin Puree ( Recipe here!)
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tsp agar agar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can ( solid part) coconut milk
- 1 can coconut cream
For The Base:
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice*
- a pinch of salt
- 8 medjool dates ( add more if needed – to make sweeter or stickier)
For The Pumpkin spice mix (this will make a big batch, you only need small portion for this recipe):
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- First blend the nuts until coarsely ground then add in all the other ingredients and blend till the desired consistency. I like a medium crumb.
- Add in the Medjool dates and pulse till sticky. You may need to add more to get the desired stickiness, as you’ll be hand shaping the crust.
- Grease the tin lightly with some coconut oil then shape the base into the tin.
- Pop in the fridge to chill lightly while the filling mix cools down. Note = If you prefer a crispier base then you can pop it in the oven for about 10 minutes on 180 degrees first and then leave to cool down before pouring in the filling.
Note= I made quite a thick crust so if you want a thin crust i’d suggest using about half the mixture for an even , thin layer.