This recipe is for my delicious chia pudding with a valnetines twist. Using beetroot will create this gorgeous red colour smoothie topping , perfect for your other half on valentines. This chia Pudding recipe is great for the health conscious on holidays with a chocolatey twist.
A delicious vegan valentines day chia pudding and smoothie layered jar. Refined sugar free, dairy-free but with a chocolate-y twist!
Layer 1: Chia pudding
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (or your favourite natural sweetener)
Layer 2: Valentine smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 medium size red beetroot
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen berries of choice (I used strawberry, blueberry, blackberry)
- 1/2 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your choice of milk)
Toppings (optional toppings):
- Few blueberries and blackberries
- Mix all the chia ingredients together and stir well. Allow to soak for at least 30 minutes stirring well to avoid clumps (best overnight in the fridge).
- To stick fruits/veggies on the side of the jar, cut the fruit/veggie really thin and make sure the glass is dry.
- Blend all the smoothie ingredients.
- Layer the two and top with any toppings you like.
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: Chia pudding jar
Keywords: chia pudding, breakfast, vegan, refined sugar free,
Save this recipe for later!