This recipe is for my delicious chia pudding with a valnetines twist. Using beetroot will create this gorgeous red colour smoothie topping , perfect for your other half on valentines. This chia Pudding recipe is great for the health conscious on holidays with a chocolatey twist.
Here is the detailed recipe:
Valentine's Chocolate & Berry Chia Pudding Recipe
Layer 1: Chia pudding
- 1 cup almond milk or any milk of choice
- 3 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup or your favourite natural sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
Layer 2: Valentine smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 medium size red beetroot
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen berries of choice I used strawberry, blueberry, blackberry
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or your choice of milk
- 1/2 tablespoon raw cacao
- Few blueberries and blackberries
- Mix all the chia ingredients together and stir well. Allow to soak for at least 30 minutes stirring well to avoid clumps (best overnight in the fridge).
- To stick fruits/veggies on the side of the jar, cut the fruit/veggie really thin and make sure the glass is dry.
- Blend all the smoothie ingredients.
- Layer the two and top with any toppings you like.
Save this recipe for later!