40+ delicious summer drink recipes – whether you want something light and refreshing, creamy, a tangy lemonade, a homemade coffee shop favorite, or a frosty smoothie bowl – this list of non-alcoholic summer drinks has something for everyone!
As I’m typing this, we’re in the middle of a typical British heatwave and, as usual, no one is prepared. I have my mini-fan working overtime and relying on refreshing homemade summer drinks to get me through the day. Even when it’s not a heatwave though, it’s always a good idea to have several refreshing summer drinks in your recipe arsenal, no matter what you’re in the mood for.
The below list of best summer drinks recipes contains tangy lemonades, coffee shop favorites, fresh juices, creamy drinks, smoothies, and even a few miscellaneous options! Keep scrolling to find your next favorite way to cool down this summer!
These healthy, easy summer drinks are also very versatile. The majority of options are dairy-free, vegan, and refined-sugar-free or can be made so. You can also prepare the majority of juice recipes with or without a juicer!
Table of contents
Is it really even summer if you aren’t enjoying a glass of lemonade? Whether you want the ultimate homemade lemonade recipe, a refreshing cucumber version, a tropical pineapple one, or even a magic color-changing lemonade, there’s an option for everyone. Best of all, you can prepare these recipes refined sugar-free, and with fresh, wholesome ingredients!
- Pineapple lemonade – this pineapple drink is wonderfully sweet and tropical. You can prepare it as lemonade or limeade with an optional hint of mint and ginger.
- Cucumber lemonade – the addition of cucumber juice makes for a wonderfully refreshing cucumber lemonade. This will surely get you through those warm summer days.
- Strawberry limeade – this combination of strawberry and lime is delicious and makes for a wonderful summer party mocktail.
- Raspberry lemonade – this raspberry lemonade is naturally sweetened and contains a little rose extract for extra flavor.
- Ginger lemonade – this refreshing, healthy fresh ginger lemonade uses only 4 ingredients. It’s also naturally sweetened and perfect with ice on a warm day!
- Color-changing magic lemonade – another 4-ingredient lemonade that uses a secret ingredient to make a drink that magically changes color. Not only is it a great way to involve the kids in the kitchen, but it tastes great too!
- Brazilian creamy lemonade – this Brazilian lemonade recipe combines zippy fresh lemonade with creamy sweetened condensed milk for an equally creamy and refreshing summer drink And it can be made dairy-free and refined sugar-free!
- Lebanese Mint Lemonade – this is a a refreshing, herby summery drink that will delight all mint lovers! This Lebanese lemonade (limonana mint) requires only 4 ingredients and is ready in minutes.
- The best homemade lemonade – finally, if you’re looking for the ultimate simple homemade lemonade, then you’ve found it! This is the only lemonade recipe you’ll ever need!
Coffee Shop Favorites
Whether you want to make healthier versions, save money, or just keep up with your cravings even when you can’t get to a coffee shop, here is a list of some of my top coffee shop favorites – icy and refreshing for a wonderful summer treat. Best of all, you can prepare all the below options dairy-free and refined sugar-free!
- Iced latte – this 3-ingredients iced latte is a must-know for any coffee lover. Plus, this recipe contains all-natural ingredients, is dairy-free, and can be vegan, keto, paleo, and whole30!
- Iced matcha green tea latte – this iced version is the perfect summer treat for a matcha lover.
- Coconut vanilla bean creme frappuccino – this creamy dairy-free vanilla frappuccino uses coconut milk for a simple yet refreshing summer treat that’s ready in minutes.
- Blackberry Early Grey iced tea and Peach Iced Tea – great if you’d prefer something a little fruity. The combination of black tea with fresh blackberries or peaches is perfect for a warm summers day.
- Strawberries and cream frappuccino – a creamy, flavorful strawberries & cream Frappuccino (Starbucks Copycat). Using all-natural ingredients, this strawberry frappe is healthier and with lower calories, sugar, and fat. Plus, you can make it sugar-free, dairy-free, vegan, and keto!
- Healthier mocha frappuccino – a creamy, dessert-like mocha Frappuccino made at home. This is an icy, rich, chocolaty coffee drink but a cheaper, healthier “copycat” of your favorite coffee shop version using all-natural ingredients.
- Golden frappuccino – this golden frappuccino is a golden milk latte with a twist. Combining the healthful properties of turmeric and ginger with the refreshing, creamy flavors of a Starbucks frappe. This is a healthy yet delicious summer drink!
- Dalgona latte – this Korean frothy latte made big waves online when it went viral last year. With instant coffee, sugar, and the milk of your choice you can make the ultimate summer coffee treat in minutes!
Let’s be honest, fresh juice tastes delicious any time of the year. However, it just seems to hit different on a warm summer’s day. Below are a few of my favorite fruity summer juices! Best of all, nearly all (if not all) the options below can be made with and without a juicer!
- Orange juice – let’s be honest, a carton of orange juice “from concentrate” will never compare to a big glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. Serve with ice cubes for a refreshing summer treat packed with vitamins.
- Freshly squeezed orange carrot juice – combining orange and carrot juice yields a juice that is vibrant, light, and refreshing.
- Orange ginger juice or carrot ginger juice – for those that like a little zing, the addition of ginger is perfect! Not only does it taste great, but it packs in a ton of health benefits, too!
- Pomegranate juice – this juice is a delicious mixture of tart and sweet, perfect for enjoying on a warm summer’s day.
- Pineapple ginger juice – it is sweet, refreshing, spicy, tangy, and tart – delicious for a summertime healthful shot or to sip on throughout the day. Alternatively, pineapple orange juice is another refreshing combination of sweet and tangy for a delicious and nutritious summer drink,
- Wheatgrass shots – check this post to learn how to grow, cultivate, and juice wheatgrass for tons of health benefits. Because even in summer it’s a good idea to fill your body with healthy ingredients!
- Watermelon juice – I have shared 4 methods to juice watermelon and tons of ways to flavor it. PLUS how to make a watermelon keg, perfect for serving up at BBQs and parties!
- Green detox celery juice blend – while this may be a healthful juice, it’s also perfect for summer. With a combination of apple, celery, cucumber, and ginger, this green juice is wonderfully light and refreshing. Serve it with ice cubes while lounging in the sun for a spa-esque treat.
There are two types of people – those who prefer fruity fresh flavors and those who prefer creamy. For those that prefer the latter, here are some of my top favorite creamy summer drink recipes. Best of all, they can all be made dairy-free!
- Mango lassi – Lassi is a refreshing, creamy, tangy Indian yogurt-based drink. This version combines yogurt and mango for a fruity, tropical 5-ingredient summer drink. Even better, this drink is sugar-free and can be dairy-free.
- Ayran/ Doogh – for a more savory option, then you might like Ayran/doogh. It is a salty yogurt-based drink that is perfect for enjoying during the warm summer months.
- Banana milkshake – this classic fruity shake has a healthy makeover. With just 3 ingredients and no refined sugars or artificial ingredients, this homemade banana milkshake uses no ice cream, can be dairy-free, and comes will several variations.
- Blueberry milkshake (ube blueberry frappuccino) – for a shake you wouldn’t usually find as easily in powder-form, why not try this fresh blueberry milkshake. It’s ice cream-free, refined sugar-free, and can be dairy-free, paleo, keto, and 100% vegan!
- Mexican horchata – this authentic Mexican drink combines rice milk and cinnamon for a rich, creamy, and refreshing summer drink – perfect for serving cold or warm!
- Vietnamese avocado shake (avocado milk) – Okay, I fully understand if you’ve never tried this, then it may sound a little odd. However, this avocado shake (aka sinh to bo) is creamy, refreshing, dairy-free, and made with just 3-ingredients!
- Coconut blue milk – inspired by Star Wars Bantha milk, this dairy-free coconut milk drink requires just 5 ingredients. It’s also naturally sweetened with a subtle floral aroma.
There’s never a bad time for a delicious smoothie bowl, especially when packed with lots of fruit and topped with even more! They are also all either naturally vegan or can be with a simple ingredients swap. Best of all, the majority of these smoothies have a frozen base – for a frosty summer smoothie bowl.
- Tropical guava smoothie – this refreshing guava smoothie contains just 5 ingredients and is refined sugar-free, dairy-free, and vegan, yet packed with sweet, fresh tropical flavor!
- No-banana smoothie – for those who want a smoothie that’s banana-free, then give this strawberry cauliflower smoothie a bowl. If you’ve never tried it, it may sound a little odd – but it yields a much less sugary drink that’s still refreshing and delicious.
- Frosty strawberry smoothie bowl – I love anything strawberry-related in summer, including this simple summer smoothie bowl. Top with more fruits and optionally some granola for a quick breakfast or snack.
- Raspberry and mango smoothie bowl – raspberry and mango make for a delicious summer smoothie combination. Optionally, add superfood baobab powder.
- Citrus and mango smoothie bowl – in this smoothie, I’ve swapped out the raspberry for papaya, kale, and you can optionally add some protein powder for a nutrient-dense mango smoothie.
- Blueberry and acai smoothie bowl – this purple açai smoothie with subtle floral lavender extract and frozen blueberries is perfect for a morning treat. With added spinach, you’ll reap amazing nutritional benefits without compromising the taste.
- Rose and raspberry smoothie bowl – this rose & raspberry smoothie bowl is not only dairy-free but it is 100% vegan, refined sugar-free, and can be whipped up in just a few minutes! Plus the addition of rose water makes for a Turkish Delight-esque flavor.
- Strawberry, rose, and oats breakfast smoothie – like the above, this smoothie bowl has a hint of rose water while also packed with oats for extra nutrients and fiber. Perfect for a breakfast smoothie bowl.
- Citrus peach smoothie bowl – while peaches are in season you have to try this sweet smoothie bowl. It’s refreshing, light, and a delicious summer breakfast or snack.
If you prefer something a little more decadent, then why not try one of the dessert smoothie bowls below. Plus, they’re all still healthy too!
- Spirulina mint chocolate smoothie bowl – this mint choc chip smoothie combines spirulina, spinach, and mint with either dark chocolate or cacao nibs for a dessert-themed smoothie, but still healthy!
- Black smoothie bowl – using a special secret ingredient, this “black” smoothie bowl may look a little scary but tastes like Oreos!
- Cacao acai smoothie bowl – healthy with a hint of chocolate flavor, combining cacao and acai is light enough for summer with just a hint of decadence.
- Salted caramel vegan smoothie bowl – this smoothie bowl is sugar-free and yet with a special selection of ingredients tastes like salted caramel.
- Chocolate smoothie bowl – lastly, a simple (and delicious) chocolate smoothie bowl. What can I say? It’s delicious and uses dates to naturally sweeten it.
Here are a few miscellaneous additions to this list of summer drink recipes including a long list of flavored water options, homemade boba, a virgin (or boozy) Bloody Mary, and kombucha!
- Tapioca pearls/ homemade boba – Okay this isn’t a drink, but makes for a great addition to summer drinks. Add to juices, milk tea, lemonade, and more!
- Mango boba – for a fruity version of the above tapioca pearls, why not try this mango boba (chewy not filled).
- Kombucha – while kombucha can be enjoyed any time of the year, this post includes a pomegranate kombucha option that is tangy, sweet, and perfect for hydrating you on warm summer days.
- Flavored water recipes – when the weather heats up it’s even more important to stay hydrated. This list of flavored water options provides tons of options to make consuming enough water easy to do!
- Bloody Mary (classic or virgin) – this post not only contains the information on how to create a boozy or booze-free Bloody Mary but also how to put together a bloody mary bar for summer get-togethers!
More Helpful Round-Ups
- 40+ Ways to Use Ginger
- 25 High-Fiber Healthy Recipes
- Top 20 Immune-Boosting Foods
- Amazing Food and Storage Fridge/Freezer Hacks
- 40 Easy Summer Salad Recipes – The Best Summer Salads
If you try any of these summer drink recipes, I’d love to hear your thoughts/questions below. Also, feel free to tag me in your recipe recreations on Instagram @Alphafoodie!