40+ delicious summer drink recipes – whether you want something light and refreshing, creamy, a tangy lemonade, a homemade coffee shop favorite, or a frosty smoothie bowl – this list of non-alcoholic summer drinks has something for everyone!
As I’m typing this, we’re in the middle of a typical British heatwave and, as usual, no one is prepared. I have my mini-fan working overtime and relying on refreshing homemade summer drinks to get me through the day. Even when it’s not a heatwave though, it’s always a good idea to have several refreshing summer drinks in your recipe arsenal, no matter what you’re in the mood for.
The below list of best summer drinks recipes contains tangy lemonades, coffee shop favorites, fresh juices, creamy drinks, smoothies, and even a few miscellaneous options! Keep scrolling to find your next favorite way to cool down this summer!
These healthy, easy summer drinks are also very versatile. The majority of options are dairy-free, vegan, and refined-sugar-free or can be made so. You can also prepare the majority of juice recipes with or without a juicer!
Table of contents
Is it even summer if you aren’t enjoying a glass of lemonade? Whether you want the ultimate homemade lemonade recipe, a refreshing cucumber version, a tropical pineapple one, or even a magic color-changing lemonade, there’s an option for everyone. Best of all, you can prepare these recipes refined sugar-free, and with fresh, wholesome ingredients!
- The best homemade lemonade – if you’re looking for the ultimate simple homemade lemonade, then you’ve found it! This is the only lemonade recipe you’ll ever need!
- Pineapple lemonade – this pineapple drink is wonderfully sweet and tropical. You can prepare it as lemonade or limeade with an optional hint of mint and ginger.
- Cucumber lemonade – the addition of cucumber juice makes for a wonderfully refreshing cucumber lemonade. This will surely get you through those warm summer days.
- Strawberry limeade – this combination of strawberry and lime is delicious and makes for a wonderful summer party mocktail.
- Raspberry lemonade – this raspberry lemonade is naturally sweetened and contains a little rose extract for extra flavor.
- Ginger lemonade – this refreshing, healthy fresh ginger lemonade uses only 4 ingredients. It’s also naturally sweetened and perfect with ice on a warm day!
- Color-changing magic lemonade – it uses a secret ingredient to make a drink that magically changes color. Not only is it a great way to involve the kids in the kitchen, but it tastes great too!
- Brazilian creamy lemonade – this Brazilian lemonade recipe combines zippy fresh lemonade with creamy sweetened condensed milk!
- Lebanese Mint Lemonade – this is a refreshing, herby summery drink that will delight all mint lovers!
- Peach Lemonade – fun, fruity, and refreshing peach lemonade recipe. It is perfect for serving to family and friends at home, BBQs, potlucks, and picnics.
- Lemon Water – not quite a lemonade per se but super quick to make and just as refreshing and hydrating.
Coffee Shop Favorites
Whether you want to make healthier versions, save money, or just keep up with your cravings even when you can’t get to a coffee shop, here is a list of some of my top coffee shop favorites – icy and refreshing for a wonderful summer treat. Best of all, you can prepare all the below options dairy-free and refined sugar-free!
- Iced latte – this 3-ingredients iced latte is a must-know for any coffee lover. Plus, this recipe contains all-natural ingredients, is dairy-free, and can be vegan, keto, paleo, and whole30!
- Iced matcha green tea latte – this iced version is the perfect summer treat for a matcha lover.
- Coconut vanilla bean creme frappuccino – this creamy dairy-free vanilla frappuccino uses coconut milk for a simple yet refreshing summer treat that’s ready in minutes.
- Blackberry Earl Grey iced tea and Peach Iced Tea – great if you’d prefer something a little fruity. The combination of black tea with fresh blackberries or peaches is perfect for a warm summer’s day.
- Strawberries and cream frappuccino – a creamy, flavorful strawberries & cream Frappuccino (Starbucks Copycat). Using all-natural ingredients, this strawberry frappe is healthier and with lower calories, sugar, and fat. Plus, you can make it sugar-free, dairy-free, vegan, and keto!
- Healthier mocha frappuccino – a creamy, dessert-like mocha Frappuccino made at home. This is an icy, rich, chocolaty coffee drink but a cheaper, healthier “copycat” of your favorite coffee shop version using all-natural ingredients.
- Golden frappuccino – this golden frappuccino is a golden milk latte with a twist. Combining the healthful properties of turmeric and ginger with the refreshing, creamy flavors of a Starbucks frappe. This is a healthy yet delicious summer drink!
- Dalgona latte – this Korean frothy latte made big waves online when it went viral last year. With instant coffee, sugar, and the milk of your choice you can make the ultimate summer coffee treat in minutes!
Let’s be honest, fresh juice tastes delicious any time of the year. However, it just seems to hit differently on a warm summer’s day. Below are a few of my favorite fruity summer juices! Best of all, nearly all (if not all) of the options below can be made with and without a juicer! And if you are wondering what else you can juice, check out my 30 Best Juicing Recipes!
- Orange juice – let’s be honest, a carton of orange juice “from concentrate” will never compare to a big glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. Serve with ice cubes for a refreshing summer treat packed with vitamins.
- Freshly squeezed orange carrot juice – combining orange and carrot juice yields a juice that is vibrant, light, and refreshing.
- Pomegranate juice – this juice is a delicious mixture of tart and sweet, perfect for enjoying on a warm summer’s day.
- Watermelon juice – I have shared 4 methods to juice watermelon and tons of ways to flavor it. PLUS how to make a watermelon keg, perfect for serving up at BBQs and parties!
- Aloe Vera Juice – This Aloe vera drink is simple, refreshing, and packed with health benefits!
- Cherry Juice – This sweet/tart cherry juice is super refreshing, flavorful, and loaded with health benefits!
- Peach Juice – Simple yet sweet, refreshing, and packed with flavor!
- Mango Juice – Sweet, fruity, summery, and super refreshing – make mango juice or mango nectar!
There are two types of people – those who prefer fruity fresh flavors and those who prefer creamy. For those that prefer the latter, here are some of my top favorite creamy summer drink recipes. Best of all, they can all be made dairy-free!
- Mango lassi – Lassi is a refreshing, creamy, tangy Indian yogurt-based drink. This version combines yogurt and mango for a fruity, tropical summer drink.
- Ayran/Doogh – for a more savory option, then you might like Ayran/doogh. It is a salty yogurt-based drink that is perfect for enjoying during the summer months.
- Banana milkshake – this classic fruity shake has a healthy makeover. This homemade banana milkshake uses no ice cream and can be dairy-free.
- Blueberry milkshake (ube blueberry frappuccino) – for a shake you wouldn’t usually find as easily in powder form, why not try this fresh blueberry milkshake.
- Mexican horchata – this authentic Mexican drink combines rice milk and cinnamon for a rich, creamy, and refreshing summer drink.
- Vietnamese avocado shake (avocado milk) – Okay, I fully understand if you’ve never tried this, then it may sound a little odd. However, this avocado shake (aka sinh to bo) is creamy, refreshing, dairy-free, and made with just 3-ingredients!
- Coconut blue milk – inspired by Star Wars Bantha milk, this dairy-free coconut milk drink requires just 5 ingredients.
- Mangonada (Chamoyada) – a frozen mango treat that is sweet, spicy, and tangy! Enjoy this mango chamoyada on a hot summer day!
There’s never a bad time for a delicious smoothie bowl, especially when packed with lots of fruit and topped with even more! They are also all either naturally vegan or can be with a simple ingredients swap. Best of all, the majority of these smoothies have a frozen base – for a frosty summer smoothie bowl.
- Tropical guava smoothie – this refreshing guava smoothie is refined sugar-free, dairy-free, and vegan, yet packed with sweet, fresh tropical flavor!
- Strawberry banana smoothie – I love anything strawberry-related in summer, including this simple summer smoothie bowl.
- Keto Strawberry smoothie – for those who want a smoothie that’s banana-free, then give this keto strawberry smoothie a try.
- Mango pineapple smoothie – a nutrient-dense mango smoothie that tastes like a beach vacation.
- Blueberry Smoothie – this purple smoothie with frozen blueberries is perfect for a morning treat. Amazing nutritional benefits without compromising the taste.
- Raspberry smoothie – this smoothie has a lot of nutrients and antioxidants and is perfect as a quick healthy breakfast or a delightful afternoon snack
- Peach smoothie – while peaches are in season you have to try this sweet smoothie bowl. It’s refreshing, light, and a delicious summer breakfast or snack.
- Açaí Bowl (Frozen Açai Smoothie) – although usually this is served in a bowl and enjoyed with nutritious toppings, you can also make the acai smoothie with a bit more liquid and have it as a refreshing summer drink.
- Chocolate smoothie bowl – lastly, a simple (and delicious) chocolate smoothie bowl. What can I say? It’s delicious and uses dates to naturally sweeten it.
Here are a few miscellaneous additions to this list of summer drink recipes including a long list of flavored water options, homemade boba, a virgin (or boozy) Bloody Mary, and kombucha!
- Tapioca pearls/ homemade boba – Okay this isn’t a drink, but makes for a great addition to summer drinks. Add to juices, milk tea, lemonade, and more! If you want to search for the perfect ratio, check How To Make Bubble Tea!
- Mango boba – for a fruity version of the above tapioca pearls, why not try this mango boba (chewy not filled). Or, you can make Taro Milk Tea.
- Kombucha – while kombucha can be enjoyed any time of the year, this post includes a pomegranate kombucha option that is tangy, sweet, and perfect for hydrating you on warm summer days.
- Flavored water recipes – when the weather heats up it’s even more important to stay hydrated. This list of flavored water options provides tons of options to make consuming enough water easy to do!
- Bloody Mary (classic or virgin) – this post not only contains the information on how to create a boozy or booze-free Bloody Mary but also how to put together a bloody mary bar for summer get-togethers!
- Tepache De Piña – this is a refreshing, fizzy, sweet-tart Mexican fermented pineapple drink made with pineapple peels, sugar, cinnamon, and water!
- Fresh Ginger Ale – homemade ginger ale that is super refreshing and simple to prepare, made with just 3 ingredients and several flavor variations!
More Helpful Round-Ups
- 40+ Ways to Use Ginger
- How to Use Turmeric (Benefits | FAQs | Turmeric Recipes)
- 25 High-Fiber Healthy Recipes
- 50+ Healthy Vegetarian Breakfast Ideas
- Top 20 Immune-Boosting Foods
- Amazing Food and Storage Fridge/Freezer Hacks
- 40 Easy Summer Salad Recipes – The Best Summer Salads
- 30 Best Juicing Recipes
If you try any of these summer drink recipes, I’d love to hear your thoughts/questions below. Also, feel free to tag me in your recipe recreations on Instagram @Alphafoodie!