Candy cane yogurt jelly jars
Makes: 2 jars
Preparing Time: 1.5 hours (this includes waiting while jars are in freezer)
- Puffed quinoa
- Begin by making your jelly – you can prepare a homemade one with some strawberries, agar agar powder and a natural sweetener.
- Pour a little bit of jelly into your jar (or glass). Pop it into the freezer for about 20 minutes so it can set. This is recommended so that the jelly does not mix with the yogurt.
Note: I wanted to have the candy cane slanted effect, so I placed the jars onto small bowl and tilted them to one side. If you do this, make sure to secure them well (use some tape) so that the angle does not change.
- Carefully pour some yogurt on top of the jelly and put the jars into the freezer again.
- Repeat the last two steps until your jars are full. Make sure to pop the jars into the freezer after every new layer to help them set faster.
- Once your jars are full, you can decorate them with some puffed quinoa. I coloured mine in red using a pinch of raspberry powder.
To save for later: